x
Beta Member

Add ABN and customer with no email

Hi,

I'd like to know how to add ABN because I skipped it when I signed up. Also, how do I invoice or take payment from a customer when they have no email? Is it possible to add discount when they pay on the spot?

Thank you very much!

Eric

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

@Seamus can help you with the ABN.

you can take payments from anyone with or without an email address.  if you are invoicing you can just use your own email to bill them and then there is an option to send a link that you could text.

yes discounting is supported in Square POS.

Message 2 of 4
Admin

Hey @vteamkd,

Thanks for getting in touch.

At the moment we're unfortunately able to edit ABN information on Square accounts - this is due to the fact that we don't support change of ownership of accounts, so once you've signed up with an ABN (or without one) this isn't changeable.

The reason you'd want to sign up for a Square account with no ABN is if you meet the conditions pertaining to being a hobby business as an individual.

If your ABN circumstance has changed, you'll simply need to create a new Square account and enter the correct ABN information on sign-up. You can do this using a different email address, or if you'd like to use the same email you'll need to get in touch with our support team on 1800 760 137 to manually deactivate the account.

Hope this helps!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 4

@Seamus 

Hi Sheamus,

How does one set up an account as a hobby business? The application form requires the ABN and Business name fields to be filled out. There doesn’t seem to be a way around it during the application process

Thanks

Message 4 of 4