x
Beta Member

Add a link to matching product

I'm trying to add a link to an item, that I'm selling,  Example,  Matching pants to a t-shirt, how would you add that link to see the matching items together ? It to make the customer experience to purchase better and easier ?

thanks

Paul D

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

HI, you can activate Similar Items to display below the item on the item page.

Here are the breadcrumbs and screenshot to activate.

Online dashboard, Website, Edit Site, click Page:Home, scroll down to Item Pages, select any item, turn on Similar Items, you can click on Similar Items to adjust Content and/or Customize Layout and Color

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 1.40.30 PM.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Best Answer

HI, you can activate Similar Items to display below the item on the item page.

Here are the breadcrumbs and screenshot to activate.

Online dashboard, Website, Edit Site, click Page:Home, scroll down to Item Pages, select any item, turn on Similar Items, you can click on Similar Items to adjust Content and/or Customize Layout and Color

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 15

turned on Similar Items and put them in the same category but they don't show up on my website.

Message 3 of 15

HI, can you share a screenshot? or Link?

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 15

Message 5 of 15

HI, not sure what I'm seeing.  The link is .square.site with 3 services.  Each service has a link back to your main site?  You want all the services to display whenever someone clicks on a service, then the other services are at the bottom, correct?  ?Confused?

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 6 of 15

Thank you for your help. I think you got it. Here's a little more explanation. My main site has links to buy each service that lead directly to that service on square. The visitor is now on a new site and I want them to be able to easily see and add additional services without having to figure out how to navigate this new site. That's why I want it to display Similar Items.

Message 7 of 15

HI, thank you for more information.  I believe since your items are services and not actual products, similar items will not work.

You may want to look into Square Online Checkout (watch the video)

https://squareup.com/us/en/online-checkout

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 8 of 15

Yes, I'm finding it isn't nearly as easy or functional as they made it out to be. They also say you can allow subscriptions but that doesn't seem to be an option for me either.

Thank you for your time.

Message 9 of 15

HI, yes, the Square Online Dashboard is so easy and fun to create an Online Store.  

You can see Square Subscription Payment Checkout Links here

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6839-subscription-payments-with-square-online-checkout-links

I believe since you already have a website, trying to have both compatible may be more confusing.  

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 10 of 15

Can you change the items that come up in the similar items section to put items that are not in the same category?

For Example: I have costumes for sale that have different stockings or accessories that go with each costume. I'd like to pick the items to show up that match the costume.

Message 11 of 15

HI, the Similar Items display up to 10 in same category.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 12 of 15

The items I'd like to display below the main item are in a different category

Bodysuit- legwraps- stockings. It would be great if you could pick the items that coordinate with the main item.

Message 13 of 15

This feature is defiantly not working properly.  I am trying to link similar items and none of the above have worked.  the items i am linking is a 1)product not service and in 2)same category.  But i also have items that are in separate categories where the similar items are not from that category. Can we look into this further.  

Message 14 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature @jackjohnsonPTO I recommend you reach out to our eCommerce support team so they can assist with this matter and point you in the right direction. 

You can give us a call at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. If you call outside of these hours, you will be required to enter your Customer Code to validate your account.

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 15 of 15