x

Add an online course to my site

Hello

I'd like to add an online course to the site without it being a link to a 3rd party application/provider.

Is that possible to do with my Square site?

Thanks!

Maranda

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

I'd like to help not sure exactly what you're looking to do. Can you walk me through what how you want your site to function as if you're a customer? By course, I'm assuming you mean an online class right? 

@ecobronx

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Hello Justin,

I'd like a customer to come to our site to 

• Learn about our course offerings 
  • Enroll in them if they like 
  • Participate in the class -- if possible I'd like to have a discussion aspect where all participates could communicate

I currently have a course on ThinkIfic but would like to have things all housed on one site.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Maranda 

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

@ecobronx thank you for the example! I'm stepping in for Justin since I came across this thread. Also, welcome to the Seller Community! You will need to continue using Thinklflic for your courses as you have been, because we don't have anything Square-based that is built for that. One thing that may work is checking to see if ThinkIfic provides an embeddable option they can use with the Embed Code section.

That would be the only way to really integrate the two outside of linking to your courses from our online store. 

AshleyK
Message 4 of 6

I'm in the same position with a Thinkific course. I'm not sure what you mean by "embeddable option they can use with the Embed Code section". What exactly does that do? And do you have any articles/videos explaining how that works? I'm seeing examples of calendar widgets and Eventbrite ticket reservations, but I'm not sure how this would work with reflecting Thinkific sales.

I prefer Square for reporting purposes, etc. I would like to create a way to document courses purchased that have already been paid for in Thinkific just to track all my income in one spot. What would you suggest? Creating items that match course titles in Thinkific or just one item titled Thinkific Course Income without delineating course title? If so, how would I get that to show as a transaction or income without creating an invoice and marking it paid? I typically use a mobile card reader for most of my transactions, not sure if that helps.

Take care to be well,

Anna

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @LoveToLiveWell!

What AshleyK was referring to, is some sites will have an option of using certain code that can be embedded to your Online Store. Not all sites will have that available. 

Unfortunately, operating these separately would be your best option at this point. Having more options when it comes to integrations would be a feature request.

If you'd like, you can bring this to the Ideate Board for our Product Team. 

Kassi
Message 6 of 6