x

Adding Service Fee for Square for Restaurants

Hello, 

I suppose this is a feature request at this point. I am trying to add a service fee for all pickup/to-go/delivery orders on Square for Restaurants. After some cost analysis, we've decided we need to recoup some of the expense of paper goods associated with these types of orders. We are wanting to add a small 2% fee for all these types of orders and have no service fee for dine-in orders. 

Thank you

TT

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

You could add an item to your library without a price. You could then add that to the checks/invoices you want. You'd have to calculate the fee and then make it the item price each time you add but it could be a work around for now.

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

@TerrorTacos Yea, the service charges not working for square for restaurants are a pain atm but here is a work around.

Go to Account & Settings ---> Business ---> Sales Taxes and you can create a sales tax called "To-Go Service Charge" and set the 2%.  I would then tie it to a dining option called "To-Go" or curbside or whatever you like.  That will apply the service charge any time you select that dining option.

On the menu creation you can edit the item grid and add a button for that specific dining option where your cashier/server can just tap that button to set that dining option and it will add the 2% charge.

While this will look like a tax, it will be called "To-Go Service Charge" and you can count it as income.  This is one of those workarounds that has been around for a while, but it won't mess with the square for restaurants and gratuity etc.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 3 of 3