x

Adding a markup percentage

We use Square for a handyman/contracting business and would love to see a "markup" feature added. We have used Joist in the past and it allows you to add a percentage or dollar amount for markup but so far, it doesn't seem that Square has that feature. That is the only thing holding us back from using Square exclusively, there are so many other things that we love about it but unfortunately this is a big one for us. We can add the markup on the estimate/invoice and the customer won't see a line item for this on Joist. Any other businesses similar to ours figured out a way to do this with Square?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

@kellesherpy I may be wrong but You can set up an additional "tax" and call it markup etc. and then apply it to the items or services that need that markup.  I have seen this done for service fees etc. to offset costs.  When you run your report you will the amount for the markup.

Hope this helps.

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 3

@kellesherpy  Can I apply the tax/markup to specific vendors?  I use dozens of vendors and most of them have a specific markup (3 to 5 point variance).

SQUARE TEAM - Pls consider adding a factor to the vendor setup page.  It would save tons of work calculating the sale price of the hundreds of items i carry.

Message 3 of 3