x

Adding a service charge to items sold online

We are looking at using the Online Store function of Square.  I have items set up, the tax rate set up, but need to also add a 20% service charge to the items sold online.  I tried to add it under taxes and call it service charge, but when I do a sample transaction and go to check out, the receipt shows the retail amount for the item and then combines the taxes and service charge all under the tax amount.  Is there any way to break this out so it shows as two separate line items on the customers and our receipt?  Thanks

Message 1 of 23
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Unfortunately, that will not work and it will throw off your tax report for paying your sales tax.  There isn't a way to add a fee to the sale.  Realy the only way to do this is to create a new item with the online price.  This will make inventory tracking a bit of a pain.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but any updates on service charges on online delivery orders? Single most requested thing for my clients that use Square and do online sales.

Message 22 of 23
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @TannerGallery  and welcome to the Seller Community 

Square Online does allow Sellers to add Delivery Fees or Charges to a sale. You can learn more about this in our In-House Delivery guide.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 23 of 23