x

Additional item photos are low res and hover zoom shows high res tiles of image???

Hi everyone, hope someone can please help with this!

I added new items to my Weebly store a few days ago.

The first photo for each item displays perfectly, good resolution, hovering on image zooms in!

Now the weird bit, any additional images display as low resolution and hovering over image displays a duplicate "tile" of image in high res?

All images are jpg, all are same quality from same source about 230KB each.

I have re uploaded images, I have converted to png file, 1.3MB. Still same result.

I use Weebly through a third party hosting. They cleared cache for me and can't work out why it's happening.

All previous items in my store work great. No problem, only the newly added items.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hey @eyeball,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about this issue! 

It sounds like something strange is happening here - are you able to post a screenshot so I can see the extent of the issue here? Also, do you happen to be synced with an Etsy store at all that may be pulling images from that platform? I asked because I've heard of this issue before, however only in the context of being linked with Etsy.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

Hey Seamus,

Thanks for the reply.

Website is built with Weebly through Siteground hosting and only synced to Square store!

I have, however, only added these new items on the Weebly sitebuilder and not added them yet into Square. This is how I added my other items which work fine. Not sure if this is the issue.

I'm still trying to work out how to sync my online store with Square so that when I sell items through my Square POS they sync with my online store and adjust inventory, etc. At the moment I have been manually adjusting inventory, etc. Do I go into each item on Square and enable Online Checkout? And is it best to create each item on Square and then do this, or create in Weebly and Square and then enable Online Checkout?

Apologies for the extra questions Seamus.

Following link; first item image OK, other 2 display as low res and hover over image produces high res tiles in window???

http://eyeballindustries.com/store/p19/stubbyholders.html 

Thankyou again for your time.

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Hey @eyeball,

This definitely doesn't look right - it appears to be displaying a small thumbnail version of the image, which is why the image then repeats when you hover over it.

With that said though, this does not actually appear to be a Square Online Store - where do you log into and manage the website from? Square, Weebly or Siteground?

If you wanted your inventory to sync you'd actually need to build a Square Online Store, which would be an entirely different website/store builder from the current one you're using. It sounds like you might just be using Square as a payment provider rather than using our Online Store platform?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 7

Thanks Seamus.

I log into Siteground.

Weebly is offered as sitebuilder amd then Square was accessed and connected to this when building the site.

Not sure where I go from here.

I have talked to Siteground who were trying to help but can't find any reason on their end for it happening!

Really hoping other people have experienced something similar and hopefully have a solution.

Again, thanks for your time Seamus.

Message 5 of 7
Admin

Hey @eyeball,

While I can't be 100% sure, it sounds like one platform is uploading the wrong versions (thumbnails) of uploaded images to another platform - I assume Siteground to Weebly.

The issue sounds very similar one Etsy have with their Square integration documented here, where Etsy pulls images from Square and uses what appear to be thumbnails rather than the full image. In essence, it sounds like a technical bug with how the Siteground platform interprets information coming from Weebly. I would request that their support files a bug ticket for the issue, generally if you can document the issue well for them in an email support ticket this will give them the information they need to pass to their engineering team.

It may also be worth asking on the Weebly end as well - they might have more experience dealing with this integration! While Weebly manages Square Online Stores, and Square can help support Online Store, for technical issues you'd need to contact their support team (you will need to log into your Weebly account to access this link / have it direct you to the right place!). At the very least they should be able to determine if the issue is on Siteground's end or Weebly's end.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help here, but I hope this helps in some way! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 7

Thanks again for trying.

I'll get another ticket going with Siteground and take it from there.

I was hoping it would be an easy fix ๐Ÿ˜ž

Appreciate your time Seamus.

Message 7 of 7