x

All items in online store show up as 'Sold Out'

I now run my business out of a window and rely on online ordering for pickup and as of yesterday, some kind of bug has made it so all items on the website show up as 'Sold Out' and the preparation time has been changed to 1 hour.  these issues are not reflected on the backend so I cannot change them and even if I had time to do all of that, we didn't have stock of our items as we are a coffee shop and don't have a set amount of anything aside from the pastries.  I don't know why I can't just bring this to the attention of square tech support and why they've outsourced it to their own customers but here we are.  any help would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

cool, i guess someone somewhere fixed it.  only lost an entire day of online sales during a pandemic, nbd 😑

Message 2 of 14

Did you ever figure out how this resolved itself? I am now experiencing this exact issue after adding another location.

Message 3 of 14

I found it! Go to Square Online/Fulfillment.  Under shipping you have an option of where the inventory will draw from.  I hope it works for you.  

Message 4 of 14

Same here - all of a sudden it's showing up as sold out - this has to stop now!

Message 5 of 14

We also are having the issue of all items suddenly marked 'SOLD OUT'.

I have to manually turn off the new feature called "Mark as sold out on Point of Sale and Online"

VERY FRUSTERATING!

The developers should create new features and have them automatically disabled so we as business owners can control the use of the new features.

Message 6 of 14

I see a lot of people having the same issue but nobody has posted a solution....I am glad I am not alone, but kind of wish we all had answers

Message 7 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @LaxLlama

Thank you for reaching out about this occurring on your account. Typically when you see a "Sold Out" notice on the live website when you have inventory, it is related to the fulfillment of the items. Our system does not allow customers to place an order if you do not have a fulfillment option set up, in case there are assorted fees with the fulfillment option of your choice. 

This could mean that if you are using Shipping for an item, there is an issue with the Shipping rules or locations. You can check this by going to the Fulfillment tab on your Square Online dashboard and clicking on the Shipping tab.

If you are using Pickup or Delivery and seeing this error, you may need to complete the location setup. You can also check this by going to the Fulfillment tab on your Square Online dashboard and clicking on the Pickup & Delivery tab.

If you set up the locations but are still getting the Sold Out notice, please reach out directly to our Customer Success team so they can investigate deeper. https://squ.re/2LW3Gz3

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 14

The issue for my site was that the site was pulling inventory from the wrong location.  I changed it and it seems to have fixed the problem.  For now.  Fingers crossed.

Message 9 of 14
Beta Member

I have to disagree with your answer.  We have pick-up and delivery set up for our online store but if an item is set to "Track Stock" you also have to make sure that you toggle the button "Mark as sold out at point of sale and online"

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 10.23.30 AM.png

Message 10 of 14

This just started happening not too long ago. I never had to or saw this "Mark as Sold Out" switch before the update.

Problem also is you can only "touch" that switch by turning off tracking.

You guys broke it, you need to fix it to the way it was before or make the switch visible all the time!

Message 11 of 14

Hi @janjwoodables 

Can you paste a link to one of your items on your website? My understanding is that items would only show as sold out if you are tracking inventory. It doesn't sound like you are tracking at the moment, but I may have misunderstood.

Message 12 of 14

I am Tracking inventory - I have always tracked inventory, I have never seen this switch before the update a few weeks ago when I first reported it.

Message 13 of 14

Hi @janjwoodables - I'm stepping in for Bernadette here.

Taking a look at your site today, it doesn't look like the items are still listed as "sold out". Were you able to resolve this issue or was there something further we can assist you with?

Please do let us know if you have any additional questions. Always happy to help! 😊

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 14 of 14