x
Beta Member

Allow a coupon to be used and still give a star

We send out percent off or one and two dollar off coupons and we still want the customer to get a star when they use the coupon. It doesn't seem to automatically add the star so we manually add it. I don't remember even seeing options one way or another. Or is it just not an option and I'd have to add it manually.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller Alumni

No matter what, a star will not be earned on items that are discounted. If you have a coupon you've created thats "X off of the next purchase" nothing in that transaction will earn a star. 

The workaround I've found is that instead of doing coupons for the whole purchase, I make coupons off of a category, and just add all of my categories so my customers can use it on basically anything they want. If they only get 1 item they will not receive a star, but if they get more than 1 item they will receive stars for the other non-discounted items.

Hope that helps!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller Alumni

It would be great if there was a setting in there somewhere instead of taking the time and effort to do manually enter all of the categories - feature request! - but in the meantime, it works.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 3 of 3