x

Allow employees to view limited sales reporting but nothing further

I am having some trouble in Square with team members using our POS system having the ability to view our annual sales reports and other sensitive information. 

We are looking for a solution where our team members have access to limiting sales reporting (up to 90 days) but not anything past that. 

I have found this article that mentions it is possible, however; cannot find how to do it in the Permissions section of Square. 

Any information with us would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Hey @katie1324 -

With Team permissions, you can now set granular restrictions that limits employees' visibility into certain reports (like Sales or Cash drawer reports) but there's not a setting that restricts viewing for a certain time frame. 

If you want to learn more on the Permissions available with Team Management,  check out this article!

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

Thanks Justin!

It's vital for our staff to see our daily sales reporting for cash out and tip purposes, but they do not need to see past this. Does Square have any plans to allow restrictions to certain time frames of sales reports? For example, team members to view 1D and 1W reports, but not 1M, 3M, and 1Y reports. 

I feel like I can't be the only Square user who feels this way?

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@katie1324 Stepping in for @JustinC here!

There's not a functionality for what you're looking for exactly at this time but I'd be happy to pass it forward as a feature request to our Product Team!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7

I also need this for daily sales and tip reporting. My employees should not see my sales for a week, month, let alone a year. PLEASE HELP!!!

Message 5 of 7

@katie1324 I also am having the same issue. I’ve been trying to get this resolved for about a year now with Square & its representatives. They have done nothing but say they’ll share it with their Engineering Dept. When Square performed their last update with changing the format of their reports adding 1day, 1week, 1month/yr etc. to the Sales reports tab it became open season for all of our employees to view confidential, sensitive information that they should not be privy too. This is definitely a security compliance issue for any businesses. There should be more levels of security control where staff has limited access to sales reporting. Employees should not be able to view the total company’s income either. I recently had to terminate an employee for retrieving company sales & printing them off for their personal records. Please let me know if you found another solution. We are looking into other providers.

Message 6 of 7

@katie1324 you are not alone. I've been looking for a solution to limited visibility to this type of sensitive data as well.

Message 7 of 7