x

Any way to limit the number of items in a single order? (Square Online/Square Fulfillment)

Hi,

We're planning on implementing the Square Fulfillment feature to handle our doughnut shop's online pre-ordering, but we need to be able to limit the number of items that a single transaction can contain, is there any way to do this ? 

As an example, we'd want to prevent a single customer from putting in an order for 300 donuts (that we're unable to fulfill, or that would be very difficult to fulfill).

We've seen the order pacing feature, which is useful to limit the total number of orders, but that may not do us any good if a single customer's order is so large that we get backed up for several hours making it. 

As a note, we are not/would not be using the inventory counting features, as that is simply not practical for us to manage on a daily basis as a food business. 

We have somewhat successfully been using Square Appointments to do our pre-orders, which is effective because it only allows one appointment per time slot. However, once we switch over to Fulfillment, it seems like we just have to hope that no one tries to put in a huge order without contacting us first? 

Please advise!

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @Mochi1 

Yes you can limit order sizes!

On your Online Dashboard, go to your Pickup & Delivery settings screen. Click on the Advanced Settings button in the upper right. The setting is there.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @Mochi1 

Yes you can limit order sizes!

On your Online Dashboard, go to your Pickup & Delivery settings screen. Click on the Advanced Settings button in the upper right. The setting is there.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 8

Ahh perfect, just what we were looking for, thank you so much!

Message 3 of 8

Hello, 

My restaurant needs the capability to limit individual items. For example, we want to limit the number of sandwiches that someone can order at once to 8. But we also have sides, and those sides count toward the order limit too. So if someone wanted 6 sandwiches and 6 sides, they wouldn't be able to place that order. We would love to have this functionality. 

Message 4 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @friedegglove

Right now, there is an option for limiting large orders through your Online Store. @ryanwanner mentioned the steps on where to find that.

Also, you can add a Custom Message (150 character limit)

Anything more granular than that would be a Feature Request for our Product Team. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 8

I would like to do the same.  The suggestions offered do not do what I am trying to accomplish.  I sell multiple items like muffins, cookies, scones, etc.  For online ordering, I want to set a cap on each type of item, not a total cap.  So, for instance, I want to limit my customers to purchase no more than 3 muffins, 3 cookies, and 3 scones - which would be a total of nine items.  If I put a cap of 9, that means they can order 9 muffins.  How can I do an individual cap on each type of item?

Message 6 of 8

I'd like to be able to limit the amount of items being shipped. Is there a way to limit the quantity on shipping? I see that it can already be done under pick up & delivery advanced details but I'm not offering that, only shipping.

For example, on my store I offer T-shirts to be purchased to ship. At this time I'd like to limit each item quantity to 10 which I've calculated the shipping rates for up to 10 items. Basically I don't want a customer to be able to increase the number past 10.

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @Nicktea - Welcome to our Seller Community!

At this time, we don’t have a way to limit the amount of items being shipped. Have you taken a look at this article on how to manage basic Inventory? It may be able to help you manage some of your stock and inventory . 

Feel free to provide your feature request feedback in our Ideate board for other seller to chime in. 

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 8 of 8