x

Anyone else having online payments rejected becuase they are processed with Square?

Anyone else having Square payments rejected in certain states?  The customers debit transaction was declined because it was a square transaction and they had to call their bank to get them to allow it to go through.  the bank said it was a state issue in Tennessee.  wondering if I will have other problems with transactions made online in Tennessee or other states.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @ezinks 👋 Thanks for reaching out to share your experience here! Good to hear from you again.

This is an interesting one, indeed. I used to work on our Hardware Support Team for Customer Success, and I would occasionally field reports from Sellers that they would see declines from Customers card-issuing banks that did not recognize the Merchants business. I chalked this up to the general nature of small businesses - often times, larger card processors won't recognize the transaction. The specific state or region you are in shouldn't be a factor to whether or not a transaction is approved or declined - but this wouldn't be the first time I have heard a questionable excuse from a bank 😅

If you would like us to take a deeper look into this for you, I would flag this over to our Support Team! They often get somekind of general reasoning back from the bank concerning the nature of a decline.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2