x

Appointments: Can I change how my name is displayed as an owner/employee?

I am owner/employee. The first name associated with my SSN is William, but I go by my middle name Troy.  I'd like my employee name to display as Troy instead of William. Is there a way to edit how my name displays as an employee for online booking?

Message 1 of 32
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Can I change how my name is displayed as an owner/employee?

Hello @tsherman!

Just to add to the reply from @ryanwanner - if you're using the Appointments online booking site you can set a Display Name:

1. Sign in to your Appointments Dashboard.
  2. Click Staff > click on your name.
  3. On the right-hand side scroll down to the Display Name section > enter the name you want to appear on your online booking site.
  4. Click Save.

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @tsherman!

Just to add to the reply from @ryanwanner - if you're using the Appointments online booking site you can set a Display Name:

3. On the right-hand side scroll down to the Display Name section > enter the name you want to appear on your online booking site.
  4. Click Save.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Super Seller

Yes!

On your dashboard, go to your Employees section. Find your name in the list and click on it. You can edit by using the edit link in the upper right.

I'm assuming your name is set as the Administrator of the account. Please note that if you need to contact Square for any reason they're going to look for whatever name you have on this screen. William won't get you anywhere, but Troy will. 🙂

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 32
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @tsherman!

4. Click Save.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 3 of 32

@Helen, thank you. Your advice resolved the issue. 

Message 4 of 32

@ryanwanner, thank you for your reply. I’ll check it out and see if it resolved my issue. 

Message 5 of 32

When attempting to edit my name under appointments > staff the first and last name boxes are grey and unable to be clicked on or be edited. 

Message 6 of 32
Admin

@HarveySwanson Currently there isn't a way to edit the owner name as it's the information you use to create your Square account. But you can absolutely chnage your Display Name for Square Appointments. The steps to edit your Display Name are here.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 7 of 32

Is there a way to change the owner of the account name? it is my ex wife's name...thanks.

Message 8 of 32
Square Community Moderator

Hi @nightngale! Welcome to the Community. 

There isn't any way to change the account holder's name so if you need the account to be under yours, you would want to create a new account under yours. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 32

I am trying to change owner name it's under my email how can I change 

Message 10 of 32
Admin

@Dieselchick7 If you're trying to change the main Account Owner name, you'll want to take a look at @ashc's answer above and create a new account. If that's not quite what you're asking, would you mind being a little more specific?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 11 of 32

I've read through the name change post, however there should be a way to update the account holder name in the event of marriage.  I certainly don't want to create a new account.  

Message 12 of 32

Hi @Ashorr2019. Thanks for adding your voice to this conversation. This has been an ongoing feature request from our Sellers, and I can confirm that we are actively working towards bringing this change.

While I don't have an accurate timeline to share currently, we will vocalize this update heavily whenever it comes to fruition.

Thanks for your patience on this one. 

Joe
Message 13 of 32

Please add my vote to the feature request development to allow Owner name to be edited.  I do not want to create a new account and lose prior data history. 

Thanks

Message 14 of 32

How many of us needs to request this change in order to be take in serious consideration? It doesn't make sense that you can change all the Tax information for the IRS and bank account but not the Owner name.

Message 15 of 32

I too think changing the Owner name without creating a whole new account is desperately needed. Crazy that all the other info like Tax etc can be changed and not overall owner

Message 16 of 32

I agree with everyone else. I did create a new account, but it still kept my old name. I even typed in my new last name. I am finding this to be very difficult. I may just try a different company.

Message 17 of 32

Thanks for your honesty, @JodyRenner - we know that there is room for improvement on our end in regards to this feature.

We will be sure to update here when a change becomes available. Thanks again for your continued patience. 

Joe
Message 18 of 32

Good afternoon --

I'm here to ask a similar question. My friend needs to change the name on the account as he's been running it for a couple of years and we didn't even know my name was still listed. I haven't been able to run it for a long time, and won't be able to (chronic illness sucks!), but we wouldn't want to lose all the history of our account by starting a new one. 

Is there a way to change it? If he can't change it now, can he when he has an official tax number?

Sincerely,
Shadow

Message 19 of 32

Hi @ShadowVonKat  👋 

The Account Owner’s name can be updated with transferring ownership. Detailed instructions for transferring ownership can be found here

Please let us know if you have any additional questions! ❤️

Message 20 of 32

Poor answer. There should be a way to change it. I have legally changed my name. I have the legal documents showing that I changed my name. You should have a procedure for this.

Message 21 of 32