x
tsherman

Appointments: Can I change how my name is displayed as an owner/employee?

I am owner/employee. The first name associated with my SSN is William, but I go by my middle name Troy.  I'd like my employee name to display as Troy instead of William. Is there a way to edit how my name displays as an employee for online booking?

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Admin

Re: Can I change how my name is displayed as an owner/employee?

Best Answer

Hello @tsherman!

Just to add to the reply from @ryanwanner - if you're using the Appointments online booking site you can set a Display Name:

1. Sign in to your Appointments Dashboard.
  2. Click Staff > click on your name.
  3. On the right-hand side scroll down to the Display Name section > enter the name you want to appear on your online booking site.
  4. Click Save.

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ryanwanner Super Seller

Yes!

On your dashboard, go to your Employees section. Find your name in the list and click on it. You can edit by using the edit link in the upper right.

I'm assuming your name is set as the Administrator of the account. Please note that if you need to contact Square for any reason they're going to look for whatever name you have on this screen. William won't get you anywhere, but Troy will. 🙂

Message 2 of 11
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @tsherman!

Just to add to the reply from @ryanwanner - if you're using the Appointments online booking site you can set a Display Name:

1. Sign in to your Appointments Dashboard.
  2. Click Staff > click on your name.
  3. On the right-hand side scroll down to the Display Name section > enter the name you want to appear on your online booking site.
  4. Click Save.

Message 3 of 11
tsherman

@Helen, thank you. Your advice resolved the issue. 

Message 4 of 11
tsherman

@ryanwanner, thank you for your reply. I’ll check it out and see if it resolved my issue. 

Message 5 of 11
HarveySwanson

Appointments: Why is the owner name grey when trying to edit?

When attempting to edit my name under appointments > staff the first and last name boxes are grey and unable to be clicked on or be edited. 

Message 6 of 11
Admin

Re: Name grey when trying to edit

@HarveySwanson Currently there isn't a way to edit the owner name as it's the information you use to create your Square account. But you can absolutely chnage your Display Name for Square Appointments. The steps to edit your Display Name are here.

Message 7 of 11
nightngale

Is there a way to change the owner of the account name? it is my ex wife's name...thanks.

Message 8 of 11
Admin

Hi @nightngale! Welcome to the Community. 

There isn't any way to change the account holder's name so if you need the account to be under yours, you would want to create a new account under yours. 

Message 9 of 11
Dieselchick7

I am trying to change owner name it's under my email how can I change 

Message 10 of 11