x

Appointments - Customise and edit SMS / text message reminders

Hi,

Can we please have a new feature to let us customise SMS reminders.

Am continually having customers responding to the reminder and becoming confused.

Thank you

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Beta Member

Why am I unable to edit text messages or send bulk messages? During this time when I am having to send multiple messages about closing and cancellations this would be incredibly helpful 

Message 2 of 29
Admin

Hey @StudioB,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Editable text messages isn't currently a feature of our Appointments app, though I can understand it would be handy feature to help you get in touch with your customers in one central place. Likewise, sending bulk text messages isn't a feature we offer at the moment - you'd be best off seeking out a dedicated marketing application for something like this. 

Having not used any of these systems myself I can't make a specific recommendation, but there are a number of products out there that can do this sort of thing!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 29

Hi, what product would you recommend then please?

Message 4 of 29
Admin

Hey @AttentiveA,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll pass it forward to our appointments team! I can see how it'd be handy to be able to customise these.

Out of interest I checked what would happen if the SMS is replied to and it gives the message:

"This is a Square service. Sorry, we did not understand your request. Reply HELP for help."

If you reply to this it links to Square support pages, so hopefully at this point people will start understanding that it's an automated messaging service provided by your Appointments system! All the best!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 29

Thank you for the reply and yes in the perfect world and/or for the tech savvy they normally work it out, but for those that don't it does create some problems.

All that is needed is to be able to change the text to be able to enter your own business phone number, I'm not even fussy about being able to personalise the wording.

Should be a super simple change?

'Click here to confirm or please contact XYZ to reschedule or cancel'.

Please and thank you 🙂

Message 6 of 29

It would just be great to customise the text messages the same way as the email option. As the number sending the text message is not our business number it is really confusing plus I would also like to say my own words for the appointment confirmation.

Thanks

Message 7 of 29
Super Seller

We have had clients showing up late to appointments because they struggle to find parking in our area. We already provide info on our website and in their confirmation / reminder email. It would be great to be able to add this to text messages too, and even given COVID, a reminder to people that if they’re unwell not to come in etc.

Proud Australian Square Super Seller and users of Square AppointmentsSquare POSSquare OnlineSquare ReaderSquare Stand

We use Square with integrations for Xero by AmakaPrintful / We have used Squarespace • Shopify • WooCommerce • QuickBooks and more!

Dieter Slicke is a boutique barber shop by appointment only with our own range of Australian made hair and skin care products
Message 8 of 29
Admin

Thanks for the feedback @dieterslicke!

I've moved your comment to this existing feature request thread we're using to track feedback for customisable SMS messages for Appointments.

Unfortunately I don't have an ETA for this feature, however there are some good cases being made for it by our sellers. I'll update this thread if I hear of any changes we make here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 9 of 29

Have also been having issues with client's being confused with reminders as cant edit the SMS message field to add a contact number or a address.

As a small home based business I don't advertise my address on social media or google so always relied on my confirmation messages to supply this detail.

This booking software is fantastic besides this tiny oversight.

Message 10 of 29
Square Community Moderator

Hi @essBhair,

Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to our Community 👋 

While the confirmation text can't be edited, it automatically includes a link with more information. 

When they click on the link, they'll be able to see the appointment date and time, service booked, as well as the address for the location. 

We'll be sure to share updates on the ability to edit text messages as soon as we get them here 👍

Message 11 of 29

Hi Arie, 

Thanks for your reply. My link doesn't show the address, would you have any instructions for me to fix that? 

thanks again 🙂 

Message 12 of 29

Hi @essBhair,

If your location is set as a mobile location, your address wouldn't be displayed. If you usually travel out to your customers, a mobile location would be a good option, but if they come to you, change it to a physical location. 

You can edit this in your location settings. Click on your Location> select Location Type > Physical Location > Save. 

Also make sure to enter your business address here, too. 

Please let us know how you go!

Message 13 of 29

Thanks Arie, it is set to that ill do some further investigating 🙂 

thank you 

Message 14 of 29

@essBhair sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this! 

While we can't look into your account settings via our community forum, our support team would be happy to look into this further with you. 

You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "Other"" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Message 15 of 29

Hey! 
I am having the same issue. I have added my location and saved, but it still won’t show on the text confirmation messages, instead it says we will call you. I lost a consultation appointment because of that. 😫

Message 16 of 29

Hey @LDMonika,

Sorry to hear about the trouble here! If you've already tried the troubleshooting steps above, we'd recommend reaching out to support so we can take a closer look and replicate the issue. Give us a call on 1800 760 137 when you get a chance. Our lines are open Monday- Friday, 9am-5pm Melbourne time. 

Message 17 of 29

Thank you!

ha the support told me to message you here 😞

Message 18 of 29

Urgh!
My clients reply to my current txt service all the time!
What a nightmare not being able to edit the automatically sent messages. Super impersonal....

Message 19 of 29

Hi going to add to this aswell. We have the same issue. 

My suggestion is either allow us to receive responses from customers OR allow a 3rd party sms provider to integrate with Square appointments to allow us the flexibility.

Message 20 of 29

Thank you for adding your vote to this feature request, and sharing this suggestion @BTails. We'll keep you in the loop here, and let you know if there's any integrations coming up in the future! 

Message 21 of 29