x

Are bluetooth scanners supported on Android devices?

So 2 years and still no support? It seems like it has much liklyhood of happening as me buying an apple product to utilise your system to it's full potential. 

2 years and you cannot provide a scanner without having cables sticking out of a tablet and running all over the counter? No you guys just sit back and collect your 1.5% while i struggle to put in sales as fast as i can from my inventory of 500+ products. This is incredibly frustrating, it's not like it is a complex feature to be asking for. I feel it has more to do with the stand you sell for ipads that sees your support team shunned away from making Android a more tempting alternative.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @Pugsleyx,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I understand this is a frustrating situation for you and I'm passing your feedback to our product team for review. As per the staff comments on the US thread though, support for bluetooth barcode scanners on Android is not something Square is currently working on. We'll continue to track the demand for this feature, but unfortunately we don't have an ETA as to if or when it will be available. 

Sorry I couldn't be of more help here, all the best!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2