x

Are you able to charge a parent or customer with the same name as you?

I charged my father for my DJ Services for an event for his job and I was turned down my deposit for his payment because we have the same name our cards do no show SR or JR because our middle intials are differemt how can I ge tthis resolved.  I also attempted to get an employee code but the computer keeps saying we need more info.  This sucks!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hi @Hennyboy - Sorry about this frustrating experience!

To keep accounts safe, we have a system that flags certain transactions and it looks like this is what happened in your case. It is not possible to accept payments from family members to comply with financial guidelines. For more information, please refer to our Terms of Service

Message 2 of 5

So according to square I can't conduct business with family?

Message 3 of 5

I have an event in July my customers last name is the same as mine and we will be doing a credit payment with me the customer is not related to me but again bares the same last name.  will these transaction be denied like this one or should I use another company besides square to be safe?

Message 4 of 5
Alumni

Hi @Hennyboy - Thanks for these questions! Since this isn't my area of expertise, I'm having someone from our team reach out directly over email. Hopefully, they'll be able to provide some clarity. Have a great Friday and good luck with your DJ'ing! It sounds awesome 👌

Message 5 of 5