x
Super Seller

Are you planning a separate sale or promotion for Pink Friday ๐Ÿ’–โ€Œ ?

Hello Everyone! Happy almost Friday! Or Whatever day of the week you're reading this!

I have seen a new trend going around on social media and I haven't seen anything about it in the Square Community yet so I thought I would share about it!

This year many small businesses are advertising Pink Friday instead of Black Friday! The main goal is to raise awareness for the small businesses in your local community and supporting them first the Friday after Thanksgiving before taking your money to the bigger corporations! Yes we have Shop Small Saturday but now you can also advertise Pink Friday! Also known as Small Businesses First Friday!

Has anyone else already heard of Pink Friday? Are you already planning on doing a separate sale or promotion for Pink Friday and Shop Small Saturday?

Sending everyone all the Holiday wishes and extra encouragement and energy you need to get through the rest of the year! 

We small businesses are mighty! And You, yes YOU, Have TOTALLY Got This!!

Cheers! 

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Admin

Thanks for starting this conversation @Lovewell! I went ahead and featured this thread on the homepage so that other sellers can share if they are doing anything for Pink Friday. 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 18
Super Seller

@Helen Thank you so much! We just learned about it so I wanted to see if anyone else was familiar with it too!

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

Message 3 of 18
Beta Member

Hi, we will be closed on Friday and Saturday so we did Black friday on Sunday! and giving big discounts to customers, but we would take a note on this for next years specials, thank you.

Message 4 of 18
Super Seller

Oh wow, I've never heard of this! We're always closed the Friday after Thanksgiving to give our team a break after the mania of Thanksgiving prep, so we generally focus on Small Business Saturday. But, I love anything that promotes shopping local! Thanks for mentioning this!

Michelle Savage
Co-Founder & President
Savage Goods | @savagegoods | savagegoods.com
Message 5 of 18
Super Seller

@mksavage We just learned about it as well! We will be open Friday and Saturday so we've just been promoting on Instagram of supporting all your local small businesses first in any way you can and tagging some of our great friends that are small businesses! Saturday we will also be at a large 80+ vendor market in addition to being open in shop which is super exciting!!

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

Message 6 of 18
Super Seller

@Lovewell Oh wow!! That vendor market sounds amazing! I hope it's a huge success -- can't wait to hear how it goes! I also love the idea of tagging other local businesses! I think I'll do that too -- thank you for the idea! 

Michelle Savage
Co-Founder & President
Savage Goods | @savagegoods | savagegoods.com
Message 7 of 18

What is the difference between Pink Friday and Black Friday?

Message 8 of 18
Super Seller

@rmadler2007 There isn't really a difference, but when most people think of black friday they think of sales at big box stores. Saying Pink Friday is trying to make people aware that small businesses are important too and bringing awareness to trying to support them in any way you can first on Friday before heading to the big box stores!

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

Message 9 of 18
Super Seller

Pink Friday is actually held the Friday before Black Friday.  It's so we don't have to compete with big box stores on Black Friday.

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 10 of 18
Super Seller

Thank you for this information! I had never heard of it till this year, so that is super cool that you have been doing it for a few years now!

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

Message 11 of 18

I LIKE IT !! 
Seems to also be a good tag phrase for women owned businesses. Is this trending yet on social media? Going to go mention it now!!

Message 12 of 18
Super Seller

It's been going on for a while now.  We've been doing it for a few years.

Jacqueline
Message 13 of 18
Super Seller

We've been doing Pink Friday for a few years now.  It's held the Friday before Black Friday.  The reasoning behind it is so the small businesses don't have to compete with big box stores on Black Friday.  

Jacqueline
Message 14 of 18
Super Seller

I've never heard of it but I put it down on my calendar for next year!

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 15 of 18
Beta Member

Id never heard of this, but i like the idea. 

Message 16 of 18
Beta Member

This is the first I've heard of pink Friday. In fact I clicked this link just to find out what it was. That being said, I attended a High School Winterfest today and did great. They had hundreds of vendors in two gymns and the library and it's going on tomorrow too. Encouraging merchants to attend these kinds  of events for the holidays helps people to support small businesses. Yay for craft fairs and bazaars!

Message 17 of 18
Beta Member

Pink Friday was coined by The Boutique Hub several years ago. They are the largest network group of small boutique stores/ brands that exists. It's pretty neat!

Message 18 of 18