x

Attach files to email campaigns

It is amazing to me that no one has asked how to attach a file (jpeg, pdf, doc) to emails. 

I have Square Marketing and I would like to attach my newsletter to the email.

The email campaigns templates are great but limited. I would be great if businesses subscribed to Marketing could attach items to email to their customers. 

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to me so soon Ashley. 

That’s what I did. I hyperlinked the images to the clickable file. It’d just be great to import the file into the email so that I didn’t have to redirect people to another location to make the links interactive. I’m glad Square is working on it. Thank you so much. 😊

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square Community Moderator

Hey! Thanks for posting. Being able to add an attachment to your marketing emails is currently a feature request, but I can see how this would be beneficial to your campaigns and will share this with the marketing team. 

As a workaround, you can add a URL to an image if you also post your newsletters online. 

If this works for you, you can add the URL when editing your campaign:

1. Select your campaign type and click Continue to design your campaign.
  2. Under the Blocks section, scroll down to Image and upload your desired image.
  3. Click on your image to open the Edit Image option > paste your URL to add a link to your image > Done.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 11

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to me so soon Ashley. 

That’s what I did. I hyperlinked the images to the clickable file. It’d just be great to import the file into the email so that I didn’t have to redirect people to another location to make the links interactive. I’m glad Square is working on it. Thank you so much. 😊

Message 3 of 11

Anytime! I'm really happy we both thought of the same thing, ha! I will definitely pass the feedback forward, but I'm so happy we have a workaround for now. 

Have a great day!

AshleyK
Message 4 of 11

In reading other posts, it seems some users share the same concern.

Need #1: Ability to attach Excel files to initial purchase response e-mail

Some of the products I sell directly to customers include WORD and EXCEL files.

Once purchased, I would prefer the product be included in the product purchase response - avoiding the customer from having to click a link to be directed to another site.

Need #2: Provide separate initial purchase response e-mails for different products sold. What I see is a single reply for multiple products, so that doesn't work for my business - particularly if I am able to attach product files to the e-mail (each product is different).

Message 5 of 11
Alumni

@MVPSC - thanks for sharing your ideas. I agree, those features would definatley bring more value to the email campaign marketing service. 

I'll make sure our Product Team see's your post. Stay tuned for more details

Justin
Message 6 of 11

Hi Dyniecia! I'm looking to send a pdf to my customers through a newsletter as well and I was wondering where you hosted/saved your clickable file (document)? Did you use Google Drive or some other online site? Thanks!

Message 7 of 11
Super Seller

I need to do the same. Does anyone know how to add a PDF to Square Marketing?

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 8 of 11

Hey @GourmetOnWheels

Are you signed up to Square Marketing or are you using the Marketing campaign option in your Square Online Dashboard?

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 9 of 11
Super Seller

@sayra Yes I could not find a way to add a PDF

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 10 of 11

@GourmetOnWheels- This feature request is not available for Square Marketing at this time. If this changes we will make sure to let you know. 

Have a good day! 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 11 of 11