x
Super Seller Alumni

Avoided a Crisis This Past Weekend

I purchased my Square Terminal shortly after they first appeared in the marketplace.  Yes, it was a hefty investment but I made the commitment, none the less and I don't regret it.

This past weekend, I had just completed day two of my three-day, very busy Vintage Market Days event when it happened.  I dropped my Square Terminal on a tile floor.  I panicked.  The print door fell off but I didn't break the screen.  The machine fired up with no problem at all.  What a relief!  For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to reconnect the print door to the Terminal!  I finally figured out how to affix the door very early Sunday morning.  What a relief.  The machine survived my nightmare.

The Terminal and its software represent a very sophisticated piece of machinery in my opinion.  I know I am faster at checking out one customer after another.  I know many customers appreciate the option of a printed receipt from this little device.  They remark all the time.  I highly recommend this device if you are like me and do a significant number of transactions.  I just thought I would share this experience with others.  Hope it doesn't happen to you or to me again.  

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Super Seller

@ber I agree with you.  It is an invaluable piece of equipment and is awesome at what it does.  With a phone hot spot, you are EMV compliant completely mobile!

Thanks for the story.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 16
Super Seller Alumni

When I bought the Terminal I planned to use my cell phone as the hotspot.  That service was too spotty for me.  Also, I would occasionally lose service if I went too long without a transaction.  So, I took the next step and bought a free-standing hotspot.  I am only charged $10 a month for this hotspot and it has been flawless.  Thanks for your reply Donnie-M.

Message 3 of 16

What is the free standing hotspot you purchased? That sounds like something I would be interested in, if you don't mind sharing the information. Thank you.

Message 4 of 16

I have been using he verizon hotspots for about 15 years and love it

Message 5 of 16

DIY silicone bumpers may save you next time if the construction quality doesn’t.

Japanese domestic market, automotive air fresheners.
https://midwestaromas.square.site/
https://www.instagram.com/midwestaromas
Message 6 of 16
Super Seller Alumni

Thanks midwest-aromas for your suggestion.

BER

Message 7 of 16
Super Seller Alumni

I am using a small tripod for my Terminal.  My hope is to avoid drops in the future.

Message 8 of 16
Super Seller Alumni

I bought a Verizon MIFI hotspot.  Considering that I only use it at art, craft, and Vintage Market events on weekends, I selected the lowest monthly service @ $10.00 a month.  I've been using this approach for a couple of years now and it has been flawless.  I have T-Mobile cell coverage.

Message 9 of 16
Beta Member

If you want to save extra money, you can use your phone as the hotspot. Most off-the shelf phones that aren't sold from retailers (verizon, t-mobile, metro) can do this out of the box without an extra subscription. (save you 10$ month)

Message 10 of 16

I use my Verizon/Apple as my hotspot but still have to pay $10/month. How do you use it for free?

Message 11 of 16
Super Seller Alumni

My free-standing Verizon hotspot has a $10 monthly charge and I am pleased to pay it.

Message 12 of 16
Super Seller Alumni

That doesn't work very well with my cell carrier.  Tried it but too inconsistent.

Message 13 of 16

do you have any vintage pyrex?

Message 14 of 16

Not in one piece:O)

Message 15 of 16
Super Seller Alumni

I repurpose U.S. Patent Art into my unique Wall Art matching popular interests, #PatentArtCollage, #PatentArtDuo, and #PatentArtSingle @bhpltdohio.

Message 16 of 16