x
Admin

Beta: Now testing new UI for Square Point of Sale!

Square Point of Sale is getting a facelift. 

We’ve redesigned the user interface, and need your feedback before we launch.

We're improving the checkout flow and app navigation in this update, so you’ll be able to access the tools and reports you need quickly. We're looking for sellers to use the new beta app to take payments and provide feedback on the changes we're making.

To get started with this Beta, please join us in the Beta Community and see the steps to join below.

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 2.43.22 PM.png

This beta is currently live for iOS and we plan on launching for Android in the coming weeks. 

To join this beta:

1. Reply to this thread and let us know if you are using an Android or iOS device - extra points if you tell us if you're using Square Resister or Terminal. (disclaimer, Im not keeping track of points. 😅)
  2. Join our Beta Community so we can track your feedback provide updates as we go to beta. We've already had a roundtable feedback discussion and are planning on having more focus groups to come. If you want to be hands on with our product teams, Beta is where it's at.

Our latest update supports:

Open Tickets

Cash Drawer Management

Drag and Drop 

And updates to the Settings User Interface. We could really use some input here!

Thanks and we can't wait to hear what you think! 

**Android users will be launched separately in the coming weeks. Be sure to express interest now so you can be included in the first testing group.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 1 of 89
88 REPLIES 88

Quick question. 

I am using Square Register and operate a restaurant. Is there a way to take a customer order over the telephone without creating a memo for payment - and the customer pays when they arrive? I’ve tried multiple ways but seem to always screw my numbers up because I am entering in the payment information under “other” just to send the order to the kitchen.

can we have a option for “call in” and it will allow us to take the order - send the order to the kitchen - then when the customer arrives - pull up the order for them to pay?

Message 2 of 89
Beta Member

@YGFBFKitchen You can enable Open Tickets. We take phone orders with this feature. Simply open a ticket, add name, enter items and save. Once saved it will print tickets in your kitchen. Once customer, arrives open ticket and charge as you'd like... cash, credit card, Apple Pay etc.

Message 3 of 89
Super Seller

We do the same and while we’re on the subject, this feature would benefit from a more intuitive flow. 

When we save an order in Tickets, we enter the customers name and pickup time in the NAME/SWIPE line and then add the phone number in the NOTES section. 

While this isn’t difficult per se, it’d be nice if the flow were more interactive. 

Or, much like the software used in pizza restaurants, we could simply ask the customer for their name or phone number at the beginning of the order and it will simply pull all of the customers info into the Ticket and we simply have to hit save at the end of the order and the customers name, phone number and any other information will be printed on the ticket. 

The current platform can sort of do this however, I tested it and it doesn’t properly add the information to a Ticket. 

Try it...

Max Berkowitz | MAX’S DELI
Square Online Store
Message 4 of 89
Beta Member

YGFBFKITCHEN:

I use square register and when I get a call in, I take the name and save the order as a new ticket. That way is prints the order and when they come to pick up, their name is stored under tickets

Message 5 of 89

Hey there,  you should be able to save the ticket under the persons name.  Then when they get there to pick up the order, pull it up under saved tickets.  It will still print in the kitchen. 

Message 6 of 89

Sounds like you need to activate open tickets, so that you can create tickets, name them and save them in Square. Saving sends the order to the kitchen. Once patron arrive you load the ticket and collect payment.

Message 7 of 89

Yes.  It is very easy.  I do this with my Square Register.   It will allow me to enter a telephone order and save the order for later checkout.  When the order is saved, it will automatically print out an order ticket to the kitchen printer (or whichever printer(s) you have set to print order tickets).  When the customer arrives, simply select the saved order and it will allow you to charge the order, modify it, or split it.  If you modify the order, a new modified order ticket will print out on the kitchen printer noting the changes.  See:  https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5337-use-open-tickets-with-square

Message 8 of 89
Super Seller

I was just about to go and deliver I had to email the customers the invoices. They have an email in the setup and now the invoice option is gone from POS on iPhone.

I had to go home and do it on the dashboard on my mac.

I called support and they could not help me as they do not have 5.49.1 to look at.

Can this be fixed by Tuesday? As that is when I have three or four days of deliveries Or move me back to the previous version?

Thanks for listening

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 9 of 89
Beta Member

Interested. Using Square Terminal, iOS

Message 10 of 89
Beta Member

I am using Square Stand/Register.  Very interested in trying the Beta version.

Message 11 of 89
Beta Member

We are very interested. We are using a combination of Square register and iOS tablet for order management. We use every tool and push the limits of the software everyday - and definitely see where there are holes and room for improvement. I think we could provide you with great feedback

Message 12 of 89
Beta Member

Interested, just ordered the Square Terminal today.

Message 13 of 89

Hi! Salon use here.  I’m using IOS iPad for sales, inventory and reports. I’m Currently working on how to add my client management, consents and history to the current customer profiles but it’s a little tricky with the current set up. When I saw this I got excited for change!  😁

Message 14 of 89
Beta Member

hello! i'd like to look into the alpha/beta. we use square stand / POS on a couple iPads. do you have screencaps of the new interface? i don't want to throw the bartenders for a loop without having a little knowledge up-front.

Message 15 of 89
Beta Member

We are using both android and IOS.  We have a square stand, chip reader and the phone jacks.  We use them all.  

Would enjoy beta testing this move.

Message 16 of 89
Super Seller

I would love to be part of the Beta testing.  I am using Square POS with stand and Online.  As a quilt shop we have all different types of transactions.  

Suggested updates:

When removing items from inventory there needs to be 3 more options:

1.  Removed for store/classroom use

2. Removed for promotional purposes (swag)

3. Removed for personal use (owner withdrawal)

These should not be listed as sales on the daily sales reports.

Message 17 of 89
Super Seller

@kellyj Just a heads up that we are now using Square Register primarily with a Square Standard iPad as a secondary. Let me know how we can participate moving forward with the Register platform...🤙

Max Berkowitz | MAX’S DELI
Square Online Store
Message 18 of 89
Beta Member

We use Square Register.  Interested if it's available to us!

Message 19 of 89
Beta Member

Square Terminal can we test?

Message 20 of 89
Beta Member

Interested using square terminal!

Message 21 of 89