x
Admin

Beta: Now testing new UI for Square Point of Sale!

Square Point of Sale is getting a facelift. 

We’ve redesigned the user interface, and need your feedback before we launch.

We're improving the checkout flow and app navigation in this update, so you’ll be able to access the tools and reports you need quickly. We're looking for sellers to use the new beta app to take payments and provide feedback on the changes we're making.

To get started with this Beta, please join us in the Beta Community and see the steps to join below.

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 2.43.22 PM.png

This beta is currently live for iOS and we plan on launching for Android in the coming weeks. 

To join this beta:

1. Reply to this thread and let us know if you are using an Android or iOS device - extra points if you tell us if you're using Square Resister or Terminal. (disclaimer, Im not keeping track of points. 😅)
  2. Join our Beta Community so we can track your feedback provide updates as we go to beta. We've already had a roundtable feedback discussion and are planning on having more focus groups to come. If you want to be hands on with our product teams, Beta is where it's at.

Our latest update supports:

Open Tickets

Cash Drawer Management

Drag and Drop 

And updates to the Settings User Interface. We could really use some input here!

Thanks and we can't wait to hear what you think! 

**Android users will be launched separately in the coming weeks. Be sure to express interest now so you can be included in the first testing group.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 1 of 89
88 REPLIES 88
Beta Member

We've got a terminal and would be interested in looking at the new UI - we just started using old UI only a week or so ago, so not sure we can offer much for comparison, b ut can certainly tell you good and bad with new.  Thanks.

Message 43 of 89

Could you please make a round up to donate feature for non profits and for business to collect for none profits!

Message 44 of 89
Admin

@Nicholas1836 That's definitely something we can put in the feature request channels for you. We're not currently testing a feature like that, but it is requested often.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 45 of 89

Square register 

Message 46 of 89
Beta Member

We are interested. We are using 2 square terminal, retail, at an Indoor Skate Park. 

Message 47 of 89
Beta Member

interested in participating

Message 48 of 89
Beta Member

Hi Kelly

Eric at LOKAL here.  I’d be interested in using the Beta. We are at farmers Market’s and we can use open tickets to manage pre-orders 

Message 49 of 89
Admin

Hey all! We have a new update coming out next week. On Monday I'll update all your participation and we'll get you enrolled. 😃

@LOKAL Awesome! We'll get you updated shortly.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 50 of 89
Super Seller

@kellyj That is fantastic

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 51 of 89
Beta Member

I use Square Register, and would like to participate.

Message 52 of 89
Beta Member

Would love to join this user interface testing, we are using a Square Register for our retail shop. 

Message 53 of 89
Beta Member

I'm interesting in betatesting the new UI. I normally use the POS app - not currently active because I haven't done any in-person events since March due to COVID19. (I'm actually logging in to try and see if I can make sense out of the weebly interface today, and maybe get some stuff going that way.) 

Message 54 of 89

Good afternoon, 

I am trying to download the app for POS square and it is no longer allowing you to sign up or sign in. Can you explain to me what is going on? I need the apps to take sales

Message 55 of 89

Oh yay! Please please please tell me they are working on functionality to export cash drawer history reports??? Thanks!

Message 56 of 89

Square register

Message 57 of 89
Beta Member

We would be interested in participating in the beta program. We run the Square for Retail app on Square Register, as well as Square for POS on both iPad Pro 12.9” (iPadOS 14) and iPhone 11 Pro (iOS 14) with contactless card readers. Truly hoping that the Item Grid is eventually supported on the Square Register 🙂

Message 58 of 89
Beta Member

iOS Terminal user who will try anything 1 or 9 times

Message 59 of 89
Beta Member

would love to be a tester.  i have the mobile square register along with android tablet.

Message 60 of 89
Beta Member

I would love to be able to “combine” tickets in appointments. I have people that want to pay for their friends but only real way to do it is put all services under the same client, making clients history not accurate. 

Message 61 of 89
Beta Member

Using Apple iPad iOS

www.artisansindy.com
Message 62 of 89

Using IOS, Square Terminal

Message 63 of 89