x
Square

Beta Recruiting | Advanced Sales Tax | Ontario Food and Beverage

Hi Folks!

We're looking for sellers to test out some new advanced sales tax features. This will allow you to set rules for no tax totals or items under a certain dollar amount. 

Ontario -  If item price is below amount and if total price is below amount. The new Sales Tax setting will allow you to configure category-based taxes and tax rules for the Ontario Prepared Food and Beverage tax, which removes the PST portion (8%) of the HST for restaurant meals (and other prepared foods) that are $4 or less.

If you'd like to participate click the "Join" below to request access to our Beta community group and we'll make sure you are included when the feature is ready.

Join the Advanced Sales Tax beta

Elyn (She/Her)
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Beta Member

Is this still in Beta?  I didn't sign up for the Beta but have started seeing this tax exemption feature on the website, so I assumed it is out of Beta.  I only started using this feature because doing the tax exemption using Dining Options was broken since Nov 5th.

Currently this tax exemption feature based on dollar amount works on the Android POS app but not the iPad POS app.  I have contacted support and they have reproduced the problem.  Its now been a week and I haven't heard any updates, even though I have been following up every few days.

Message 2 of 2