x
Admin

Beta Recruiting: Order Creation in Square Point of Sale

Hi there! We need your help! 

Beta is currently recruiting for Order Creating in Square Point of Sale. With this feature, you can manually create orders in Square Point of Sale and manage them in your Order Manager, along with incoming orders from Square Online Store and/or your delivery partners.

So the TLDR: This means you can take orders over the phone or in any other way you communicate with your customers, schedule them for later curbside or in-store pickup, and conveniently manage them inside the Orders menu on Square Point of Sale. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 5.21.13 PM.png

Current known issues/limitations: This beta does not currently support using the Dining Options, and they will need to turned off if enrolling in this beta.

Also, please refrain from removing items from the cart after applying a discount. Currently, your order will not process if you delete any item with a discount applied. We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible and please contact us if you experience this issue.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 1 of 166
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

This option has now launched. 

Learn more about Order Creation in our Support Center.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 166 of 166
165 REPLIES 165
Beta Member

Hi - i have been looking for a feature like this.  i'll enthusiastically volunteer to look at this.

Message 2 of 166
Beta Member

Hello, we would be interested in participating in this beta.

Message 3 of 166

Hello. I'd be interested in volunteering for this.

Message 4 of 166
Beta Member

We would love to participate in this beta at Blue Butterfly Coffee Co. We process so many phone orders, and we are bust almost back to Pre-Covid Levels. This would really help us streamline this new normal.

Message 5 of 166
Beta Member

Interested.

Message 6 of 166
Square

@PigWizard @Blue_Butterfly @adgraham @kiiri @ScottHern Thank you so much for your interest in this new feature. 

I went ahead and enabled your accounts to use this feature. You'll receive an email from me shortly with next steps. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 7 of 166
Beta Member

i did get the feature activated, but can't find an email with any instructions.

i ran a couple of tests and see that i have one order type (Schedule for pickup) with two option - curbside and in-store pickup.  Can that be expanded?  We deliver and ship also.

Ultimately it would be a huge help to have this integrated into the invoicing module on the dashboard.  we use that a lot for corporate orders.

Message 8 of 166
Square

@ScottHern I'll go ahead and send you more details soon - apologies for you not receiving the email. 

At the moment, it is just pick-up and curbside but I'll let the team know that Delivery and Shipping is important as well.  

Currently, we don't have plans to add it to invoicing yet but I made sure to share that feedback as well!

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 9 of 166
Beta Member

Here's some more specific information ...

We sell popcorn tins and other gifts.  We often have people come in and want to pick something out and have it shipped to friends, family members, etc. So we charge them and ship it out the next business day.  being able to set this up as an order for future shipping would be helpful.  As it is, we track these things in a separate system.

Similarly, we have out-of-town people call in to arrange product deliveries to people or groups in town.  Being able to flag an order as a delivery would be helpful.  

As long as i'm adding to the wishlist, an Event category would be great, and probably useful to caterers and florists.  For us, an event is different than a delivery in that it requires some onsite setup rather than just a drop-off.

For the invoicing module … A good portion of our business is  large corporate orders of popcorn tins,  We generally start with an estimate, haggle a little, and then finalize with an invoice.  We'd like to take the information  in the invoice and bump it in to the orders screen.  From September to December, this is a huge part of our business, and we have had to use a separate system to organize and track it.  Having these and all other ongoing orders in that screen would be a great help.

Message 10 of 166
Beta Member

Could you enable my account, too?

Message 11 of 166
Beta Member

Me Me Me!!!

Message 12 of 166
Beta Member

SO we're also doing beta testing on the new interface for the Point of Sale.  We have lost order creation - it's still in the settings, but not on the POS.  We're getting to our busy season - will this be back, or can you pull us out of the Point of Sale beta?

Message 13 of 166
Square

Hey @ScottHern! Thank you for letting me know. 

At the moment, the new POS refresh does not support Order Creation but we're currently working on it but don't have an ETA yet. I can remove you from the new Point of Sale beta if you like so you can still using order creation. 

I'll keep an eye out on your reply. 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 14 of 166
Beta Member

Interested.  I have clients who order and want to do curbside.....

Message 15 of 166

Would like to participate in this. Currently have our "Orders" and a separate Spreadsheet for in store orders. Having the option to add orders from the register would make our workflow much simpler. 

Message 16 of 166

I WOULD LIKE BETA ACCESS TO THIS. 

Message 17 of 166

I WOULD LIKE TO BETA TEST THIS FEATURE. 

Message 18 of 166

Our main need is for organization. Currently we get orders online for pick up and the tickets print automatically at a station, but when we do in house or call ins they have to be saved as a ticket, which creates two order tracking locations.   

even worse If the lobby ticket was paid at ordering right now there is no progress tracking.  So some orders get over looked because tickets disappear once paid. Long story short if this allows phone/lobby orders to populate side by side with online orders this will be a perfect solution to one of our currently major issues.  

Message 19 of 166
Beta Member

Interested! We've been using Invoice for this. Would love to manually create orders, seems like it'll be easier than using Invoice for the same purpose.

Message 20 of 166

i would like to volunteer for the order creation at POS beta! we need this for walk in customers who want to order our to go art kits instead of asking them to order online!

Message 21 of 166