x
Admin

Beta Recruiting: Order Creation in Square Point of Sale

Hi there! We need your help! 

Beta is currently recruiting for Order Creating in Square Point of Sale. With this feature, you can manually create orders in Square Point of Sale and manage them in your Order Manager, along with incoming orders from Square Online Store and/or your delivery partners.

So the TLDR: This means you can take orders over the phone or in any other way you communicate with your customers, schedule them for later curbside or in-store pickup, and conveniently manage them inside the Orders menu on Square Point of Sale. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 5.21.13 PM.png

Current known issues/limitations: This beta does not currently support using the Dining Options, and they will need to turned off if enrolling in this beta.

Also, please refrain from removing items from the cart after applying a discount. Currently, your order will not process if you delete any item with a discount applied. We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible and please contact us if you experience this issue.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 1 of 166
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

This option has now launched. 

Learn more about Order Creation in our Support Center.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 166 of 166
165 REPLIES 165

Would love to beta test this at my bakery! I've been waiting for something to integrate orders that come in through the phone that I invoice into my pending orders

Message 22 of 166
Beta Member

We would love to beta test this feature! Please let us know if we can.

Message 23 of 166
Beta Member

I would love to beta test this feature. Thank you!

Message 24 of 166

I would love to Beta this new feature.  We have several customers who call in and would like to place their order over the phone.  We need to be able to take the order, and their card information over the phone.

Message 25 of 166
Beta Member

We would like to test this feature also. We sell a lot of floral arrangements and often take the orders over the phone.

Message 26 of 166
Super Seller

We'd like to participate in the beta. Can this be accessed via dashboard as well? We wouldn't want to tie up a register to place orders if we don't have to. 

Message 27 of 166
Square

@page158 At the moment, this is only available on Square Point of Sale. The best workaround I have for you is having a second device that only enters in phone orders. That way, your current POS setup doesn't slow down. 

I'll make sure share your feedback! 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 28 of 166
Beta Member

I would love to sign up for this! Seems like this feature would really help streamline our workflow. 

(it would also be great if you could change times on an order submitted online because a lot of people select "ASAP" and actually mean to select a day/time in the future)

Roxanne OBrien Troke
Message 29 of 166
Beta Member

I would second this. It would also be great to be able to sort the orders by each column (name, time, status, etc).

Message 30 of 166
Square

@birchcafecle @EdHyders Thank you both for this great feedback. At the moment, it isn't possible but I went ahead and shared your feedback. 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 31 of 166
Beta Member

Please sign us up!  Will this also support pre-orders for items releasing/arriving at a later date (please)?

Message 32 of 166
Beta Member

We would be interested in participating as I believe we could utilize this feature.

Message 33 of 166
Beta Member

We would love to Beta this feature as we need something to track preorders. If we have control over pickup date this could solve a huge issue for us.

Message 34 of 166
Square

@TCMagic That's definitely possible with this feature! Keep an eye out on your email with next steps. 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 35 of 166
Beta Member

Have it activated and so far it looks like exactly what were looking for. Need to get some preorder product added and give it a real test but early indications are it will be great. How do we provide feedback and suggestions as this is our first Beta Test.

Message 36 of 166
Square

@TCMagic  You can tag me here on this post when you have any feedback or you can email me directly at betafeedback@squareup.com. 

In a few weeks, we'll also send a quick feedback survey where you can provide any feedback directly to us as well. 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 37 of 166
Beta Member

Great, I will have time for validating. I can check the usability and user experience.  It's very important that users can use the product for the expected purpose without any confusion or errors or difficulty. User experience is all about emotions.

Message 38 of 166
Admin

@ram_chandra24 Yes exactly! Thank you so much looking forward to you're feedback around this.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 39 of 166

I could really use this feature. How can I be a part of the test?

Thanks

Message 40 of 166
Beta Member

Please count us in!

Message 41 of 166
Beta Member

Would like to be included in this Beta if possible 🙂

Message 42 of 166