x
Admin

Beta Recruiting: Order Creation in Square Point of Sale

Hi there! We need your help! 

Beta is currently recruiting for Order Creating in Square Point of Sale. With this feature, you can manually create orders in Square Point of Sale and manage them in your Order Manager, along with incoming orders from Square Online Store and/or your delivery partners.

So the TLDR: This means you can take orders over the phone or in any other way you communicate with your customers, schedule them for later curbside or in-store pickup, and conveniently manage them inside the Orders menu on Square Point of Sale. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 5.21.13 PM.png

Current known issues/limitations: This beta does not currently support using the Dining Options, and they will need to turned off if enrolling in this beta.

Also, please refrain from removing items from the cart after applying a discount. Currently, your order will not process if you delete any item with a discount applied. We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible and please contact us if you experience this issue.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 1 of 166
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

This option has now launched. 

Learn more about Order Creation in our Support Center.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 166 of 166
165 REPLIES 165
Beta Member

I was not part of the beta but just found this feature live on my square register. Hugely helpful, as it could simplify a workflow that we're currently using open tickets and invoices for. Is there any plan to add the option to automatically send a message to the customer when an order is marked as ready for pickup?

Message 148 of 166
Square

@Celsious I'm glad it's been helping your business! I appreciate you letting us know and taking the time to give us feedback. 

Sending notifications to your clients regarding order updates is definitely something we've been hearing often when using order creation. Since we understand how useful this feature would be, we're already investigating it. 

I went ahead and made sure to tell the team that you mentioned this. If there are any update, we'll make sure to let you know. Please let me know if you have anymore feedback! 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 149 of 166
Beta Member

Hi @AnthonyD  my name is Lis I'm new in Square and a friend of mine was showing me this part of Square of pickup and  curbside. He already had it on his app. He try to activate on my app, but its not activate on my account, we didn't even found the option to activate this part. Pease I really like to use this section on my business. Can you help how to activate this part on my account.

Thanks in advance

Lis

**edited by a moderator to remove personal information.

Message 150 of 166
Square

@Lisdalisse  Thank you for your interest! I went ahead and sent you a DM with more info. Thanks!

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 151 of 166
Beta Member

I would love to try out this beta!

Maia T Harrell
Message 152 of 166
Square

Hey @lordofthepies ! Thank you for your interest. 

I noticed that you're on the SPOS refresh beta. At the moment, SPOS refresh does not support order creation but will soon. I can enable it on your account but we would have to turn of SPOS refresh on your account. 

It's totally up to you. Let me know what you prefer! 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 153 of 166
Beta Member

Hi @AnthonyD! I'll keep the SPOS refresh. Do you know where I can get the instructions again? The app was removed from my iPhone and I'd like to get it back! Thanks!

Maia T Harrell
Message 154 of 166
Beta Member

Hi Kelly my name is Lisdalisse I'm new in Square and a friend of mine was showing me this part of Square of pickup and  curbside. He already had it on his app. He try to activate on my app, but its not activate it, we didn't even found the option to activate this part. PLease I really like to use this section on my business. Can you help how to activate this part on my account.

My email is dulceslis.pr@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

Lis

Message 155 of 166
Beta Member

Hi Kelly my name is Lisdalisse I'm new in Square and a friend of mine was showing me this part of Square of pickup and  curbside. He already had it on his app. He try to activate on my app, but its not activate it, we didn't even found the option to activate this part. Please I really like to use this section on my business. Can you help how to activate this part on my account.

Thanks in advance

Lis

**edited by a moderator to remove personal information.

Message 156 of 166
Super Seller

@AnthonyD @kellyj I'd like to be able to try out this beta. We're really in need to being able to schedule orders directly through the POS app for both pickup and delivery since we take quite a few orders by phone and email. Are Dining Options still a limitation?

Message 157 of 166
Square

@LLCafe At the moment, dining options are still a limitation. Would you still like to join? 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 158 of 166
Super Seller

@AnthonyD Does it support open tickets? Most of our pickup orders use open tickets that we enter through the POS

Message 159 of 166
Super Seller

@AnthonyD Do you have any update on if this works with Open Tickets and an ETA on when Dining Options might be supported?

Message 160 of 166
Admin

@LLCafe We're undergoing a revamp of order manager and I believe the current roadmap will bring all these products (dining options and open tickets) all together. We're working on a fully integrated experience for your restaurants needs, but it is taking sometime to get these platforms working together in one centralized place. I will definitely let you know when we're ready to test, which hopefully will be sooner rather than later.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 161 of 166
Super Seller

Thanks @kellyj,

That's helpful, So for this beta in particular are we able to schedule a pickup or curbside order over the phone where they pay when they arrive?

Message 162 of 166
Beta Member

We have noticed recently a third "source" for orders. When we print the order tickets from the Point of Sale app the order ticket usually indicate the source of the order at the top of the ticket. "Square Online" for orders placed online, and "Point of Sale" for orders created in the POS application. We have started getting a new source on tickets of "Order" for some orders. We just wondered what the difference is. Is there a third way to create orders? Apparently we have discovered one. If this is not the proper place to post this issue please either move our reply or message us with where we should have posted it.

Thanks!

Don & Jen 

Treasure Coast Magic 

Message 163 of 166

The "Order" heading is usually a simple transaction, not an actual order-ahead "order". 

It is unfortunate that the Order creation setting will not create an order-ahead order unless it is paid for. The alternative offer to create a saved ticket or turn it into an invoice isn't very helpful. Neither of those will show up on your order screen.

Message 164 of 166
Beta Member

Agreed! This is a huge limitation, to the point where this feature is unusable for us.

There needs to be a "pay on pick up" option, which I see on most other order ahead web sites and apps.

Steve

Message 165 of 166
Admin

Best Answer

This option has now launched. 

Learn more about Order Creation in our Support Center.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 166 of 166