x
Admin

Beta Recruiting: Order Creation in Square Point of Sale

Hi there! We need your help! 

Beta is currently recruiting for Order Creating in Square Point of Sale. With this feature, you can manually create orders in Square Point of Sale and manage them in your Order Manager, along with incoming orders from Square Online Store and/or your delivery partners.

So the TLDR: This means you can take orders over the phone or in any other way you communicate with your customers, schedule them for later curbside or in-store pickup, and conveniently manage them inside the Orders menu on Square Point of Sale. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 5.21.13 PM.png

Current known issues/limitations: This beta does not currently support using the Dining Options, and they will need to turned off if enrolling in this beta.

Also, please refrain from removing items from the cart after applying a discount. Currently, your order will not process if you delete any item with a discount applied. We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible and please contact us if you experience this issue.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 1 of 166
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

This option has now launched. 

Learn more about Order Creation in our Support Center.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 166 of 166
165 REPLIES 165
Beta Member

@AnthonyD  @kellyj   Thank you for letting us test this feature.

I ran a few test orders through today and noticed that when we put in an order for a future date, the order would show up under the active screen automatically rather than upcoming.

It would be helpful if it showed up under upcoming until the 'order fill time' (we have set for 1 hour) before the order was due, since we sometimes have about 100 orders open and no way to sort them, taking a large number of orders this way would make the active orders screen a little less manageable.

Is there any chance this could come out on square for retail at some point? We are still pretty new to square and figuring out which app works best for us. We bounce back and forth between point of sale and retail, but retail has been great for us lately when taking phone orders because we have ~2500 items and variations to keep track of and point of sale doesnt let us know if we are overselling something we don't have in stock, just pushes our inventory into the negatives.

As cumbersome as it sounds, some of our employees want to have two tablets side by side for phone orders to check inventory on retail and create the orders on point of sale for managing the orders better than saved carts or open tickets.

Message 43 of 166
Square

@EdHyders  Thank you so much for the detail of your feedback - it's really helpful for us. 

In regards to making orders appear under the upcoming section instead of the active section, it is definitely something we're looking into. We'll make sure to keep you posted on that! 

Additionally, I made sure to go ahead and share you feedback about inventory counts on Square Point of Sale. I totally understand how important it is to have that feature when using Square Point of Sale. 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 44 of 166
Beta Member

I'd love to test this out! Would be much easier than the workarounds we've been using and I'd love to have those orders in the flow of other orders.

Message 45 of 166

We'd be interested in this feature for we often have call in orders for pickups and delivery! We are currently exploring all the platforms to see which is a fit for streamlining task. 

Message 46 of 166

Can we be added to this beta testing??? This is exactly what we have been looking for!!

Message 47 of 166
Beta Member

I'm In!

Message 48 of 166
Square

@Cwkjk @dayvedidit @Bluebarnberry @fikathreelakes I went ahead and enabled this feature for all of you. All of you should have received an email last Thursday with more information. 

Let me know if you need anything!

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 49 of 166

@AnthonyD 

We did get the email stating we were added to the beta of this feature...

After tapping on Settings:  

We went to orders, and the options we are given are... 

Alerts
Print Orders
Quick Actions...

For some reason we aren't being given the option for Order Creation.  Can you advise @AnthonyD ?

Message 50 of 166
Square

Sorry about that @dayvedidit . What kind of device are you using? Are you using an iPad or an Android tablet? 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 51 of 166

@AnthonyD same problem as Dayvedidit. No option for order creation. I'm using an android tablet. I made sure I had the latest update and restarted my tablet just for fun.

Message 52 of 166

I have a S tab 4, an Iphone, a Note 9, and an iphone that we have tried on so far.

Message 53 of 166
Square

@dayvedidit @sipsnstrokes Sorry for that issue! I was able to fix it for the both of you so your android tablets should now see this feature. 

Keep in mind that this feature is only available on tablets (both iPads and Android tablets). At the moment, we do not support this feature on phones. 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 54 of 166

I was wondering when making the order, and then you check out... if there is a way to make the orders show up in the order screen if you choose not to charge them at the moment, but would rather send them an invoice. We still aren't open to the public, so we curbside pick ups.  Most of our customers payonline, but if we send them an invoice, it does not show in the order screen.  

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Dayve

Message 55 of 166
Square

@dayvedidit Currently, the order has to be paid for it to appear. Since it is a good idea, I went ahead and shared your feedback with the team. 

It is not the first time we heard of having this ability so we're definitely looking into it. If it does change, we'll make sure to let you know. 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 56 of 166
Beta Member

What kind of fees would apply to these transactions, online store fees or manually entered transaction fees?

Message 57 of 166
Square

@Stanley It depends how you take the transaction. If it's a phone order, you'll be charged the manual card not present fee since you don't physically have the card/ 

On the other hand, if you client comes in and you create a pickup or curbside order, you'll be charged the card present fee. 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 58 of 166
Beta Member

Can we be added to this beta? We are getting ready to start curbside and this would really help us solve a workflow issue we've been trying to figure out. 

We are well accustomed to beta testing software and have a full time developer on staff who can give excellent feedback. 🙂

Message 59 of 166
Beta Member

I would love to be considered for this Beta! 

Message 60 of 166
Beta Member

I'd like to sign up for beta!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jennifer Brogee
Message 61 of 166
Beta Member

we would love to participate in this beta....please activate our account and email further instructions.  Thank you very much

Message 62 of 166
Beta Member

I've been waiting for this feature! I would like to participate.

Message 63 of 166