x
Admin

Beta Recruiting: Order Creation in Square Point of Sale

Hi there! We need your help! 

Beta is currently recruiting for Order Creating in Square Point of Sale. With this feature, you can manually create orders in Square Point of Sale and manage them in your Order Manager, along with incoming orders from Square Online Store and/or your delivery partners.

So the TLDR: This means you can take orders over the phone or in any other way you communicate with your customers, schedule them for later curbside or in-store pickup, and conveniently manage them inside the Orders menu on Square Point of Sale. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 5.21.13 PM.png

Current known issues/limitations: This beta does not currently support using the Dining Options, and they will need to turned off if enrolling in this beta.

Also, please refrain from removing items from the cart after applying a discount. Currently, your order will not process if you delete any item with a discount applied. We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible and please contact us if you experience this issue.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 1 of 166
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

This option has now launched. 

Learn more about Order Creation in our Support Center.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 166 of 166
165 REPLIES 165
Beta Member

It's the Android based device that we got from Square, terminal, cash drawer, printer, scanner. We take flower orders and really really really want this to work on the Retail package.

Message 106 of 166
Square

@BennyTheBall Engineering let me know that this feature will work with Square for Retail but it's not ready for your Square Register device yet. 

They're still investigating but I'll keep you posted! 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 107 of 166
Beta Member

Hi, I'm interested in testing this beta feature. Thanks.

Message 108 of 166
Beta Member

We would like to try order creation in Square POS. Can you please include Donna's Delicious Dozen in this beta? Thanks!

Message 109 of 166
Beta Member

Is this beta closed to new participants? I replied to the original post several days ago to ask to be included and got no response or activation. We would still like to be included if possible. Thank you!

Message 110 of 166
Square

@tlukemire You account is enabled for this feature. I sent you an email on 8/6 but it could have went to your spam folder. 

I'll go ahead and message you more details. 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 111 of 166
Beta Member

Thank you! I'll keep an eye out for it.

Message 112 of 166
Beta Member

are you still recruiting?  we would love to participate.

Message 113 of 166
Beta Member

How is the beta going? How can I use this feature in Square register for restaurant? How can I participate? 

Message 114 of 166
Square

Hey @BestPizza ! The beta is going well. It's not ready for Square Register yet but it will be ready early next week. Would you like me to add you when it's available? 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 115 of 166
Beta Member

Yes, please add me!

Message 116 of 166
Square

@BestPizza I went ahead and added you! You'll receive an email from us shortly. 

Let me know if you see it on your Square Register. 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 117 of 166
Beta Member

Please add us as well.

Message 118 of 166
Square

@537subs I went ahead and added you. I took a look at your account and noticed that your Square Register isn't up to date yet. 

To start using this feature, you'll need to update your Square Register's software. To update your Square Register software, tap the down arrow at the top of your Register and select Settings. Scroll to the device section, tap General > About Register > Software Update.

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 119 of 166
Beta Member

@AnthonyD Can you please add us as well for the Square Register beta? I will make sure our register software is up to date and would love to have this feature on it. Thanks!

Message 120 of 166
Square

@tlukemire It looks like your device is already updated. You should see the feature on your Square Register. 

Let me know if you don't! 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 121 of 166
Beta Member

Thank you Anthony,

My Square Register says Software up to date but there is no Order Creation option in settings to turn on. 

I had a chance to use order creation on my android POS. When I create an order on my tablet, it was sent and printed on my square register; great! Here are few feedback :

1- Pick-up and curbside options are good but we definitely need "delivery" options!
2- I can't place an order without settling the payment; I need to place an order and collect the payment when the customer is picking up!
3- pick-up times options need to be 10 or 15 minutes apart; not an hour.
4- Take-out orders are not taxed in Ohio, sales tax must be removed automatically when order is placed as pick-up or delivery.
5- Not related to this feature but we need pizza topping modifiers which let half, whole, and double toppings. 

Message 122 of 166
Square

@BestPizza That's odd. I just checked with engineering and can confirm that your account should see it on Square Register. When you looked at your settings, were you logged in with the owner passcode? If you were, can you send me a picture of your Square Register's Settings? 

Thank you so much for providing all of that feedback! It's really helps us prioritize new abilities. I already went ahead and sent it to the team.

Suggestions 1 & 2 & 3  are very common feature requests for this feature. We're currently looking into them. 

In regards to suggestion 4, this is a great idea. I definitely see why having custom time gaps are helpful. 

Lastly, for suggestion 5, having a 2nd set of modifiers for pizza types would be great to have! 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 123 of 166
Beta Member

Hi - was testing out order creation in Square Register and noticed that you can only schedule pick up 4 days in advance.  Are there plans to change this?  We schedule orders a month in advance, oftentimes even longer in advance.  When will the order creation be fully functional and out of testing?  Thanks!

Message 124 of 166
Square

Thank you for the feedback @jchung2181. At the moment, iOS will let you schedule further than 4 days but we're working on making it better for Square Register.

Let me check with the team and see if we have an estimate of when this will be implemented with Square Register. 

I'll get back to you soon! 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 125 of 166
Beta Member

@AnthonyD  - thanks - would love to know when that feature is available.  I can't get the order creation enabled on my iPad POS.  Under Settings, it only gives the option for "Remote Orders".  How can I get order creation back on there?  Do I have to be logged in to a specific account (we have a few locations).  Trying to get this working so we can start training staff to take holiday orders in Square instead of manual this year.  Thanks!

Message 126 of 166