x
Admin

Beta Recruiting: Order Creation in Square Point of Sale

Hi there! We need your help! 

Beta is currently recruiting for Order Creating in Square Point of Sale. With this feature, you can manually create orders in Square Point of Sale and manage them in your Order Manager, along with incoming orders from Square Online Store and/or your delivery partners.

So the TLDR: This means you can take orders over the phone or in any other way you communicate with your customers, schedule them for later curbside or in-store pickup, and conveniently manage them inside the Orders menu on Square Point of Sale. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 5.21.13 PM.png

Current known issues/limitations: This beta does not currently support using the Dining Options, and they will need to turned off if enrolling in this beta.

Also, please refrain from removing items from the cart after applying a discount. Currently, your order will not process if you delete any item with a discount applied. We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible and please contact us if you experience this issue.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 1 of 166
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

This option has now launched. 

Learn more about Order Creation in our Support Center.

kellyj
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 166 of 166
165 REPLIES 165
Square

@jchung2181 I checked and your current account does have access to this on iOS devices. Do you use a different email address to login to your iPad? If so, I'll need your other email address to enable it on that account as well. 

I'll DM you so you can send me your email address. 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 127 of 166
Beta Member

@AnthonyD Is there any update on when the Square Register will be able to schedule orders more than 4 days out? Our business is a farm store and only open on Friday and Saturday. Unfortunately we do not have an iPad. We do have iPhones, but the Square apps for iPhone do not allow orders to be entered or scheduled. It would be nice to see this feature added (at some point) to the iPhone Square apps.

Message 128 of 166
Square

@CGFarm_Pat  Yes! It should be ready around mid October. We're targeting the week of 10/13. 

Regarding iPhones, that's definitely great feedback so I'll make sure to let the team knoq. 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 129 of 166
Beta Member

Excited to see the order creation can be scheduled for future pick-ups more than 4 days out!  I have a comment regarding orders that I wanted to share.  When you print the receipt after placing an order on the POS it shows the transaction details like a normal, in-store purchase.  There is no evidence of the future pick-up date, time, customer name/phone.  Here's a scenario that concerns me: customer comes in and purchases a loaf of bread one day.  Same customer could come in a week later, saying they ordered the same loaf of bread and could show the receipt as proof of their purchase.  There is no unique order number, or pick up information on the receipt that would confirm or deny the customer's request.  Is there any talk about adding these important details to the printed receipts?

Message 130 of 166
Square

@jchung2181 @CGFarm_Pat Scheduling over 4 days in the future is almost out! It should be out in the next Square Register update so make sure to keep your eye's peeled. 

Regarding your feedback @jchung2181, this is something we're currently looking it. I agree that this is super helpful for orders created on Square POS. We definitely want to make it easier for you and your clients. Once we know more, we'll make sure to let you know! 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 131 of 166
Beta Member

What's latest software version for the ipad app - I'm running version 5.6.1 and I don't see an update that's available, but the Order Creation feature isn't available on my iPad anymore (could have sworn it was there a month ago).  Under the settings tab, I only have an option to enable printing remote orders....

Message 132 of 166
Beta Member

@AnthonyD Saw your comment from a week ago regarding order scheduling on Square Register and the scheduling update due out. Not long after your post our Register updated and we lost the order creation functionality altogether. Is this happening because of the impending changes? Will it come back soon?

We were really looking forward to the update and better functionality of this feature and keep looking every day for it to show back up in our settings so we can turn it on. Couldn't help but notice the settings screen layout changed with the latest Register update but I've scoured the entire settings menu and can't find the order creation toggle anywhere. Any updates regarding this feature would be appreciated. Thanks!

Message 133 of 166
Square

@tlukemire Ahh, sorry about that!  We discovered an issue with the new settings applet and Order Creation. Instead, I'll go ahead and turn off the new settings page for you so you can use Order Creation in the meantime. Luckily, this issue will be fixed soon so you'll get to experience the new settings page soon! 

All you need to do to see this is restart your Square Register. 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 134 of 166
Beta Member

Hi @AnthonyD - We really like the ability to schedule orders in advance and having that functionality from the Square Register is awesome. The one thing we are trying to figure out is how to sort orders by pickup date. This doesn't seem to be available in any platform (Square Register, dashboard or Square app on iPhone). Is this something that can be added? Also, could it show the actual pickup date and time in the dashboard. The Register and Square app for iPhone show pickup, # days/weeks but this can still be confusing. Having it show pickup and the actual pickup date and time would be a big improvement. As an added bonus, it would be nice to have reporting available on orders. 

Message 135 of 166
Square

@CGFarm_Pat Thank you letting us know! Both of these are something that we have heard and are definitely looking into. 

We completely understand how important it is to sort orders based on those details on both Dashboard and the POS app. We'll make sure to let you any updates on that. 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 136 of 166

@jchung2181 ,

Yes, I agree. The order # and scheduled pickup date and time should be on the customer receipt. This is critical information for both the customer and the seller.

Message 137 of 166

Hello! We've been using the beta at our big location and would love to try it at our Little Shop location. Is there still room?

Message 138 of 166
Super Seller

Hi 

@kellyj @AnthonyD 

Have they set a timeline for order creation with dining options activated and open checks yet? I would love to use this feature but of course we use dining option with restaurants. 

This feature is on my wish list 🙂

James
Message 139 of 166
Admin

@JamesSandbar 

Good question all around. I need to give this beta a bit of love and check in with everyone. I'll follow back up on this shortly.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 140 of 166
Square

Thank you for this @JamesSandbar. This is the first time I heard someone ask for this using order creation but I totally understand. 

If you want a work around for this, you can create a second location for order creation orders but it can be tedious since you'll need to have a another POS system. 

I went ahead and shared it with the team so we can start looking into it! 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 141 of 166
Super Seller

I thought about that work around before but it would mess with our sales reporting. Also order creation would have to support open checks as we would use this feature for phone orders if they pay cash there would be no way to use the feature. 
my reason for wanting to use order creation instead of the normal restaurant Pos is that I would be able to have a remote sales person take phone orders from home and there is no way to print checks from remote locations. This would have been great during the peak of COVID but still would like to try and implement a work from house position for phone orders. 

James
Message 142 of 166
Beta Member

Order Creation has been working mostly fine for the past few months, but we ran into a strange issue yesterday.  Orders were taking several minutes, sometimes as long as 10 to 15 minutes, to show up in the list of active online orders in the Square POS app. Has anyone else experienced this?

Message 143 of 166
Square

@TeaLeafCafe Sorry for the delay here. I don't know how I missed this. 

There was a known delay that we fixed around the time you posted this question. Are you still experiencing this delay? 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 144 of 166

When will this be live? We have 2 accounts. One is more or less my personal account where I use it to explore the different settings, etc. I have this option in my account.

The other one is the "real" account for our winery that we are finishing up our setup. My sister-in-law is setting that one up with my help. That one does not have the Order Creation option and we really need it to handle curbside pickup since tasting rooms are currently shut down or restricted.

Message 145 of 166
Square

@Ehemmer I can definitely help enable the other account. From that other account, can you DM me so I can enable it for you? 

We don't have a set date for this release yet but we'll make sure to let you know once it's live to everyone. 

AnthonyD
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 146 of 166
Beta Member

Hi Anthony

I very interest on this part for order creation. A friend of mine had it on his app, He try to help to activate it on my app but he didn't find it. I have been reading this threads and I think that you can help me out to activate this part. Can you help me out please.

My email is dulceslis.pr@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

Lis

Message 147 of 166