x
Admin

Beta: Square Appointments Commission Tracking, now recruiting

By popular demand, we’re ready to test another new update to Square Appointments: Commission Tracking!

Commission tracking will allow you to assign unique commission rates to each of your employees based on the service performed, or product sold.

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 11.47.17 AM.png

We're looking for feedback from both you and your employees on this beta. If you’re interested in trying it out, please reply “I’m in!” or any variation of such, and we’ll get you setup. 😎

To share feedback, please make sure you are a member of our Beta Community, a private community where you can provide feedback, get support on latest features, report bugs and submit additional product requests. We'll be tracking your feedback in this group.

Your participation and input is important to us. When you provide feedback, you help improve your future experience with Square. Hope you and yours are staying safe! 

Happy testing, and see you in our Beta Community.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 1 of 76
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @BizyDogs32! We are actually going to be launching this feature to everyone very very soon, so watch out for an email from us about this feature and keep an eye out on your Dashboard! 🥳

Michelle (she/her)
Senior Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 72 of 76
Admin

Best Answer

We're excited to announce this option is now live in your Square Dashboard.

Please let our team know if you have any questions. You can read more about Square Appointments Commission Tracking here!

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 76 of 76
75 REPLIES 75
Beta Member

I'm in

My wife and I have a hair salon and pay the stylists on a commission basis. We use appointments and payroll. Would love to try it out

Message 2 of 76
Beta Member

We have a hair salon as well. Our commissions varies based on volume sold. Commission percent goes up as sales go up within he time frame. eg. Commission is x% if sales are between 0-50, y% if between 51 and 100, and z% if sales are over 100.  (Numbers in my example are made up of course.)

Would love to be able to see the system handle that, and then send that amount to square payroll!!!! That would be awesome!

Message 3 of 76
Beta Member

Does Square Admin have any input on this question?

Message 4 of 76
Square Community Moderator

Hey @fsustats ! Thanks for commenting; while we're unable to currently handle this type of commission rate structure, it is something that our team is aware of the desire to have, and are already working on v2 of the feature as I type.

I've updated our internal feedback tracker to include your comment for their review. 

Thanks and have a great day! 

Michelle (she/her)
Senior Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 5 of 76
Beta Member

That's awesome! Thanks so much for considering. I'm loving what I'm seeing with the existing commission beta.

Message 6 of 76
Beta Member

I'm in

Message 7 of 76

I’m in!!! 

Message 8 of 76

I'm In

Message 9 of 76
Beta Member

I'm in!

Message 10 of 76
Beta Member

I’m in!

Message 11 of 76
Beta Member

I am in. 

Thanks. 

Message 12 of 76
Beta Member

I am in

Message 13 of 76

We are in 

Message 14 of 76
Beta Member

I’m in!! This seems very useful for our small team to expand!

Message 15 of 76
Beta Member

We want to be a part of this very badly. We have used custom reporting and a spreadsheet to make this work, but at our volume, eliminating that would be a huge time saver.

Message 16 of 76

I'm in! How do I get started?

Message 17 of 76
Beta Member

Please consider bringing this feature to the standard Square app or retail as well. I have at least one retail client who will switch over the minute they can set variable commission rates by employee based on product sold.

Message 18 of 76
Beta Member

YES PLEASE!!! 🙂 I'm IN!!! I've been waiting for this... Does this mean we are close to being able to  check out customers with one transaction, if they saw 2 services providers too??? 

Message 19 of 76

I'm in!

Message 20 of 76
Beta Member

I'm in.  As an event planner I pay commissions to other planners/coordiantors

Message 21 of 76