x
Admin

Beta Test Estimates for Square Invoices

I’m excited to announce that we’ve rolled out a beta for those of you that frequently invoice and want to send estimates to prospective clients.

We know this has been a top request and we are excited to share this feature with you.

By previewing Estimates you will be able to:

• Send an estimate to your buyers
  • Notify your buyers to accept an estimate
  • Convert an estimate into an Invoice
  • Schedule an estimate to be sent later
  • Add attachments to estimates

Estimates is now available for all accounts on the Square Dashboard. If you choose to test on a mobile device. Please see the post below.

CreateNewEstimate.gif

Please review our Support Center article to learn more about Estimates.

By testing Estimates and providing us feedback, you will directly influence and improve the product. So please share your reactions and input.

Cheers,

Howard, Square Beta Team

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 1 of 39
2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Beta Test Estimates for Square Invoices

We another update! Estimates is going mobile! 

We are excited to announce you are now able to create and manage estimates on your iOS mobile device via the Square Invoices beta app.

With estimates on the Invoices app, you will be able to:

• Be notified when your buyers have accepted an estimate

To test estimates on a mobile device, click the TestFlight link below and follow the instructions to download the app on your iOS device. If you are viewing on a desktop, please send the link to your mobile device.

Download the Beta App:

iOS Invoices Beta App Instructions:

1. Click the link on an iOS mobile device to download Testflight and the Square Invoices Beta app.
  2. Click View in App Store
  3. Select Install to download Testflight
  4. Accept to finish installation
  5. Return to the beta link and Follow Step Two, click Start Testing
  6. Select Install to download the Square Invoices Beta app
  7. Open and Sign In 

Android Invoices Beta App Instructions:

1. Follow the the Google Play Link and select Become A Tester
  2. Download the app, by selecting the download link on the welcome page.  

Please review our Support Center article to learn more about Estimates and upcoming features.  

Please fill free to share any feedback about Estimates and the new mobile experience! 

Cheers,

Howard, Square Beta Team! 

Verified Answer

Beta Test Estimates for Square Invoices

I’m excited to announce that we’ve rolled out a beta for those of you that frequently invoice and want to send estimates to prospective clients.

We know this has been a top request and we are excited to share this feature with you.

By previewing Estimates you will be able to:

• Schedule an estimate to be sent later
  • Add attachments to estimates

Estimates is now available for all accounts on the Square Dashboard. If you choose to test on a mobile device. Please see the post below.

CreateNewEstimate.gif

Please review our Support Center article to learn more about Estimates.

By testing Estimates and providing us feedback, you will directly influence and improve the product. So please share your reactions and input.

Cheers,

Howard, Square Beta Team

38 REPLIES 38
Super Seller Alumni

A couple of things off the top of my head as an Alpha tester.  Maybe they will be fixed in the Beta.  1) I would love to have a "Message" template like the Invoices have.  I'm back to having to copy and past the message from other Estimates. 2) There is a bug in the filter dropdown feature.  Every time I try to filter according to "Pending," it tells me that I have "No Estimates for This Filter."

I have a few more things that I need to think through, but those are a couple off the top of my head.

Message 2 of 39
Admin

@ACAcatering Thank you for your feedback I will share with our product team! I will look into the pending issue. 

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 3 of 39
Beta Member

Yes, we would like to take part in your bata testing for payments/deposits

Message 4 of 39

Good morning!

Kudos on your efforts to implement the "Estimate" feature. While I am new to SQUARE (after using a competitor for many years) and in the Free Trial Period for the Square for Retail service, I will be a subscriber, I would love the opportunity to Beta Test The Estimate module. I am adapting the Retail offering to my Service-Oriented business and the ability to integrate estimates into SQUARE will be very useful. 

Thank you,

Micheal

Message 5 of 39
Super Seller Alumni

Oh, and sign me up for the beta please!

Message 6 of 39
Admin

@ACAcatering You have been invited to the beta if you were included within the Alpha. 

Here are the updates including within beta: 

1. A seller can enterer Estimate IDs that are alphanumeric characters. Previously we only allowed numeric characters
  2. A seller can print an Estimate
  3. A seller can preview an Estimate
  4. A seller can see a timeline of activity in the Estimate details panel
  5. A seller can manually mark an estimate as Accepted in the event the customer confirmed their acceptance over another channel (i.e. phone or in person)
  6. A seller can manually mark an estimate as Canceled
  7. A seller can add file attachments to an estimate
  8. A seller can filter and search their list of Estimates by customer name, number or status to easily find a specific estimate
  9. A seller can manage the email notifications that they receive for changes to an Estimate
Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 7 of 39
Super Seller Alumni

@Howard Thought of another issue I've run across.  It would be nice to be able to duplicate invoices as an estimate.  I've run into this as a necessity a few different times.

Message 8 of 39

Hi Howard!

Love the feature just started using it. I have a professional services company and would need it to say QUOTE rather than Estimate.

If that can be added would make a huge difference for me and am sure other service type companies.

Thank you!

Message 9 of 39
Admin

@ITUservices Thank you for your feedback! 

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 10 of 39

I want to join, please!

Message 11 of 39

Sign me up!!!

Message 12 of 39

When I try to print an invoice that is requesting a deposit, the header of the invoices says that the grand total is due on the due date of the deposit. This must be a bug.

For example, invoice created today for a grand total of $1000. Deposit requested is $400 due on 2/1/19 and the balance of $600 is due on 4/1/19. However, when I go to the invoice and choose the print option, the header of the invoice says $1000 due on 2/1/19 (meanwhile in the detail below it is in fact spelled out correctly). This is very confusing for my customers and needs to be fixed. 

Message 13 of 39

Hello @sgrose34! Since deposits for invoices is still in beta, we're tracking feedback on the main thread. I went ahead and merged your thread with the main one. 

Message 14 of 39

Would love to join this.  

Message 15 of 39

please add MotorToys Snowmobile Tours for testing.

Message 16 of 39
Beta Member

i would like to test estimates.

Message 17 of 39
Admin

We another update! Estimates is going mobile! 

We are excited to announce you are now able to create and manage estimates on your iOS mobile device via the Square Invoices beta app.

With estimates on the Invoices app, you will be able to:

• Be notified when your buyers have accepted an estimate

To test estimates on a mobile device, click the TestFlight link below and follow the instructions to download the app on your iOS device. If you are viewing on a desktop, please send the link to your mobile device.

Download the Beta App:

iOS Invoices Beta App Instructions:

1. Click the link on an iOS mobile device to download Testflight and the Square Invoices Beta app.
  2. Click View in App Store
  3. Select Install to download Testflight
  4. Accept to finish installation
  5. Return to the beta link and Follow Step Two, click Start Testing
  6. Select Install to download the Square Invoices Beta app
  7. Open and Sign In 

Android Invoices Beta App Instructions:

1. Follow the the Google Play Link and select Become A Tester
  2. Download the app, by selecting the download link on the welcome page.  

Please review our Support Center article to learn more about Estimates and upcoming features.  

Please fill free to share any feedback about Estimates and the new mobile experience! 

Cheers,

Howard, Square Beta Team! 

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 18 of 39

Yes, we would like to take part in your beta testing.

Message 19 of 39

Could you please sign us up 

Message 20 of 39

Kudos Square team. I know you guys are working hard to launch this in your apps as well. I just want to let you know, I think its just what my company needed. I cant see anything else we would need. I would however reccomend adding square installment banner to each estimate so the customer knows they can recieve funding for it.

Message 21 of 39