x
Admin

Beta Test Estimates for Square Invoices

I’m excited to announce that we’ve rolled out a beta for those of you that frequently invoice and want to send estimates to prospective clients.

We know this has been a top request and we are excited to share this feature with you.

By previewing Estimates you will be able to:

• Send an estimate to your buyers
  • Notify your buyers to accept an estimate
  • Convert an estimate into an Invoice
  • Schedule an estimate to be sent later
  • Add attachments to estimates

Estimates is now available for all accounts on the Square Dashboard. If you choose to test on a mobile device. Please see the post below.

CreateNewEstimate.gif

Please review our Support Center article to learn more about Estimates.

By testing Estimates and providing us feedback, you will directly influence and improve the product. So please share your reactions and input.

Cheers,

Howard, Square Beta Team

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 1 of 39
2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Beta Test Estimates for Square Invoices

We another update! Estimates is going mobile! 

We are excited to announce you are now able to create and manage estimates on your iOS mobile device via the Square Invoices beta app.

With estimates on the Invoices app, you will be able to:

• Be notified when your buyers have accepted an estimate

To test estimates on a mobile device, click the TestFlight link below and follow the instructions to download the app on your iOS device. If you are viewing on a desktop, please send the link to your mobile device.

Download the Beta App:

iOS Invoices Beta App Instructions:

1. Click the link on an iOS mobile device to download Testflight and the Square Invoices Beta app.
  2. Click View in App Store
  3. Select Install to download Testflight
  4. Accept to finish installation
  5. Return to the beta link and Follow Step Two, click Start Testing
  6. Select Install to download the Square Invoices Beta app
  7. Open and Sign In 

Android Invoices Beta App Instructions:

1. Follow the the Google Play Link and select Become A Tester
  2. Download the app, by selecting the download link on the welcome page.  

Please review our Support Center article to learn more about Estimates and upcoming features.  

Please fill free to share any feedback about Estimates and the new mobile experience! 

Cheers,

Howard, Square Beta Team! 

Verified Answer

Beta Test Estimates for Square Invoices

I’m excited to announce that we’ve rolled out a beta for those of you that frequently invoice and want to send estimates to prospective clients.

We know this has been a top request and we are excited to share this feature with you.

By previewing Estimates you will be able to:

• Schedule an estimate to be sent later
  • Add attachments to estimates

Estimates is now available for all accounts on the Square Dashboard. If you choose to test on a mobile device. Please see the post below.

CreateNewEstimate.gif

Please review our Support Center article to learn more about Estimates.

By testing Estimates and providing us feedback, you will directly influence and improve the product. So please share your reactions and input.

Cheers,

Howard, Square Beta Team

38 REPLIES 38
Admin

@Carrx Delighted to hear Estimates is what your business needs! 😊

I do see how an Installments banner or notification to customers would be useful too. 👍

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 22 of 39
Beta Member

Please sign me up for Estimates in Beta!!!  I need Estimates!!!  Thank you 

Message 23 of 39

Please sign me up for beta testing!

Message 24 of 39

Would love to join beta test for estimates! I've needed this for ages! Thank you

Message 25 of 39

Please sign me up for this feature!

Message 26 of 39

Hello Howard, 

Please add Estimates to my platform.  I have a quote/estimate to prepare for a client today.

Thank you, 

Martha Hoffman

[Personal Information Redacted]

Message 27 of 39

Hello Howard, 

Please add Estimates to my platform.  

Message 28 of 39

We're excited to see this function added! Please add me to the beta test group!

Message 29 of 39
Beta Member

Great to see the opportunity to provide ESTIMATES to clients, but currently there are some shortcomings that could be resolved to improve functionality.

1. The ability to provide for non-costed Add-Ons/Upgrades.
Our business offers a lot of add-ons that are used to upsell clients when they receive their estimate, advising them of extra offerings they may not be aware of. As a workaround, I tried to include the ITEM but then reduce the quantity to 0 to show the client what we offer. However, doing so fails to send the estimate due to the 0 quantity error. It would be great to have this flexibility to provide Add On/Upgrade options with cost associated but without the need for a quantity.

2. Although item details carry across, it doesn't show up in the preview.
This causes confusion and had me re-entering those item details which then resulted in a doubling of the information. It would be great to have the preview reflect the actual end product.

3. Flexibility for customers to select Add-ons.
As I mentioned, we offer add-ons that may not initially be considered by clients. Therefore it would be great to give them the ability to checkbox or add/delete/change quantity to allow for an updated quote that can then be moved to a finalized invoice.

I'd love to be able to fully use the estimate system to make it a seamless integration for clients from start to finish, however currently with these issues, it is proving problematic.

Thank you

Message 30 of 39

We really need the estimate-invoicing feature to move ahead with Square.

When can we get this?

Message 31 of 39
Admin

@BlackRockBatter This feature has already been enabled on your account. Please review on the Square Dashboard: https://squareup.com/dashboard/invoices/estimates

If you want to use on the mobile invoices app please review the thread. 

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 32 of 39

Okay after using it for quite some time now, I have noticed a few features its lacking:

1) square installment banner. Something like "You can finance your purchase, click on this link for more info".

2) Need to be able to input more customer information. I personally need to easily add the customers phone number and address. Maybe also a custom field.

3) Schedule an appointment. Sort of like "convert to invoice" i would definetly like a quick link to take that entire estimate and easily convert it to a future appointment. I know its going to be different things on the estimate then "services" on appointments. SO, all i would need appointments to do is simply ask how much time to block off for this estimate. Then move all those lines over to appointments and block off the stated times. that would defineatly work for me, and I'm sure a lot of other companies.

4) A way to resend estimates, sort of like a reminder

@Howard  @Helen 

Message 33 of 39
Beta Member

Another suggestion for Invoices. Create a NOTES or ADDITIONAL INFO field where we can type in messaging to our clients that discuss things like extra services (not quoted) or incentives/specials to encourage booking.

With our customers, they like to receive a quote with specific services but often also want to know more about our add-ons. Currently we can't include these optional add-ons without assigning a quantity to them - which then raises up the total estimate cost. A notes/additional info section would allow us to highlight these items without having to quote them. Including a check box for clients to be able to tick to add to the estimate would be a great addition as well.

Thank you

Message 34 of 39

We are thrilled to see the beta option for Square Estimates. I am testing it out now and can't seem to add my "Services" (from Appointments) to an estimate. Am I missing something? Is it only set up right now to select from Square "Items" and not "Services"? I tried it via a computer and iOS app and no luck. Thank you!

Message 35 of 39

Yeah, Square appointments acts more like a 3rd party add on than it does as an integrated part of square. the main reason. is square appointments works off of "services" while everything else works off of "items" With that said, unfortunetly, you cant mashed the two together as one. I've been saying this is a problem and until they fix that, square marketing, checkout, and estimates/invoices will never properly work with square appointments.

Message 36 of 39

That is really good to know, as we have our initial setup all focused as Services via Appointments. It seems I need to switch all Services to Items for now.. would that be your recommendation? It seems I can’t even schedule an Appointment unless at least one Service is selected. 

This overall is odd, as Estimates would seem to primarily apply to service-focused companies. Any workaround suggestions are highly appreciated. Thank you!

Message 37 of 39

Nope won't work. You can't schedule an item. Currently this is rhe 2nd biggest downfall of square appointments, is that it cant integrate with all the other programs square has. Simply because of the whole "service vs item" (The biggest downfall i feel is that appointments does not add sales tax automatically)

Sorry. you can book an item, but you need a service along with it, and "items" don't have time slots. so trying to book an item as a service is useless

Message 38 of 39
Beta Member

Howard,

I just tested out Square Invoice 'Estimates' and sent one to myself. I thought it might be a cool feature, but it seems to only allow the customer to ACCEPT the estimate. It would be more beneficial to add a button to ACCEPT WITH NO CHANGES or ACCEPT WITH CHANGES and then supply a box for the customer to write in... and also a box for DO NOT ACCEPT estimate. 

I normally send out invoices that are good for 72hrs so I can see estimates being useful but only if these features are allowed, otherwise I will continue to send an invoice and just inform them that they are responsible for checking the invoice before making payment.

Kristina

Message 39 of 39