x

Does Square Appointments offer double booking?

Beta Member

Does Square Appointments offer double booking?

I'm a hairstylist and regularly 'power' or 'double' book my clients during haircolor services to maximize my schedule and earnings.  For example, I schedule my highlight & haircut service at 3 hours:  this gives me an hour to highlight, one hour for the client to process, and the last hour for the cut and blowdry.  During that hour of processing time, I schedule another client for a color and/or cut service.  Is this something that can be done with Square Appointments?  So far, it looks like if a client books me for a highlight & cut at noon, I'd be unavailible for any other bookings until 3pm...  I need to show availibity for a 1pm appt.

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Double Booking Appointments

Hi there @jjohnstone 👋

We introduced the processing time feature last year, which enables your clients to book appointments during your down time.

You can learn more about how this works here, but be sure to let me know if this isn't what you were looking for!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community!

Verified Answer

Re: Square Appointments: How do I book clients in between processing time?

Kinda tricky.

The service duration + the block time for the service has to be less than the processing time. It gets complicated if both services have processing time. It has to puzzle together perfectly in order to work. 

It could also be be the calendar settings for when times can be booked. Typically we suggest setting the processing time to  According to service duration within Appts Dashboard > Settings > Calendar & Booing > Appointments are scheduled. 

@Hannahchristine

162 Comments

I came to the seller community in search of an answer to this exact question. 
Switching to square from styleseat has been so much better in almost every aspect, except the fact that I cannot double book. I was looking at this years earnings vs last year’s and the year before that, only to find that I’ve made $10-15k LESS this year than the two prior because I haven’t been double booking. (Unless I manually go in and add someone in, which hardly happens)
Is there an updated ETA? 
As a busy mother of 3 running my own business, I need to maximize my time behind the chair! 

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @holliejacques. We definitely hear you, here. I checked in with our Appointments Team and it looks like this feature is still in the works. While I don't have an accurate timeline to share, we will be sure to post any status updates here to ensure everyone is made aware.

Thanks so much for your patience! We appreciate you hanging tough. 

Admin

Our Appointments Team is excited to announce the newest feature for Appointments is now recruiting for testing in Beta.  

You can now add Gap Times to your services and see them on your calendar. With this new feature, these "down times" can now be booked by your customers on your Square Appointments booking site.

Note: This feature is still in development, so gap times will only show up on the web (not on the mobile app initially)—we will be adding that functionality soon.

If you’re interested in testing this new feature, please let us know replying to this thread, and request to join our Beta Community by following this link. Upon enrolling in the Community, we'll get you started in the Beta for Gap Time Scheduling!

The Beta Community is a private community that will allow you to connect with us for feedback, additional feature suggestions, and bug reports, please make sure you request membership for the platform you use the Appointments application.

Gap Time for Square Appointments Beta is Live!

Admin
Status changed to: Need Beta Testers

@masumi @carl5280 @tl6734 

We've just launched an Appointments Beta that may be of interest to you. Take a look at this thread when you get a chance. We're excited about the possibilities here and looking for beta testers.

Beta Member

Yes I'm very interested in joining the beta.

Admin

@tl6734 

Awesome! Please request to join the Beta Community, and I'll have our enrolling Beta Manager reach out shortly.

sellercommunity.com/beta

Sign me up! I'm @carl5280 btw

Beta Member

Can I take part in this? If it’s still available 

Admin

@JennaFW 

The team will reach out shortly.

Please join click the link to join the Beta Community here so we can get your feedback/bugs etc. 

Beta Member

Ok I joined. Will they reach out on here?