x
Super Seller

Both Website and Square Online Site?

Hey folks! 

I have had a website for my business since we opened. We signed up for a square site to sell online when that became available. So that means we have a website and an online store. Lately I've been wondering if it's unnecessary to have both. I like the features I have through my website builder (squarespace) but wonder if it's too many clicks to get people to order online. Square online doesn't have all of the features I want but maybe I can make it work? I think I'm scared to make the jump so...has anyone had both and then switched to just the square site?

Ali Kenis

Sugar Lab Bakeshop

Follow me on Instagram

Celebrating Since 2012
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

HI, you can log into the Editor to see all the features the Online Store offers.  You do not have to Publish your created site.  This way you can see if you like the Square Online Store.  It is very easy to navigate.  Square has broken out each feature and option separately.  Jump in and have fun with it.  

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

The Square online really does have a ton of features you just have to get in there and dig into them.  What features are you feeling like are missing?  

With that said I did recently close my Square online and moved to Ecwid with Square and wordpress.  I've had my website since 2008 and it was just easier to move the store into it instead of having to recreate each post with first-page SEO rankings to the SO site.  It was a tough choice because it would be easier and cheaper to go with SO but I'm overall happy with how it all turned out. 

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Honestly Im no t sure what features I want but can't do with square online. I think maybe the idea is just scary because I know how to edit my squarespace site really well and customizable. I think I'll play around with some unpublished pages to see if I can recreate pages we have on our website.

Ali Kenis

Sugar Lab Bakeshop

Follow me on Instagram

Celebrating Since 2012
Message 4 of 4