x
Beta Member

Building Simultaneous Website to be Released

Hi, Hopefully someone here could give me ideas on how to do this...

Our business is switching gears in the new year and we need to rebrand and redo an entirely new website. However, I need to keep the present website the same while I simultaneous build a new SquareUp website. Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks,

Sophie

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @sophie-nlfauxma!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community ๐ŸŒ 

Just to be clear - you would like to edit and build a site while keeping your current site active? What platform is your current site on? Let me know 

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Yes exactly. Build the new one to be released in the new year. I'm trying to do this through SquareUp

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey! Stepping in for Isabelle here. You cannot build two websites at one on the Square site. The only way to do this is to have a separate Square account and then to move your sales to the new account when you're ready to publish, which honestly is not recommended. 

Is your original site on Square already? If not, you can keep your current website up while building your Square Online store and then redirect the domain when you're ready.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Oh yes our present site is built and very functional. Guess I'll have to build the new site over the holidays when the store is shut down. Won't be a smooth transition like I was hoping ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

I hear you. That honestly would be better to help yourself and your customers have a smooth transition as you said. โค๏ธ

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6