x
Super Seller

CART: Past Orders Loading...

Our customers have been experiencing past orders populating their shopping cart each time they place an Online Order, which creates the necessity to delete the past orders, or in some instances, they don’t realize and we end up preparing the food only to find out that they didn’t notice it in their cart! One recent customer had $831 of past orders in his cart and apparently it compounds itself every time he orders which he then has to delete!

Is anyone else receiving this type of feedback from their customers? 

We we have a deli/sandwich shop. Square doesn’t appear to be fixing the issue so I’m trying to get an understanding of how many other merchants may be experiencing this issue. 

Max Berkowitz | MAX’S DELI
Square Online Store
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller Alumni

Haven't had this issue but I would start asking what browser they are using and/or Phone?  This sounds more like a browser issue.

Message 2 of 6
Super Seller

While I appreciate your feedback, shouldn’t the Store work with all browsers? Why should the onus be on the consumer to pick the correct browser?

Square Online Store
Message 3 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

Yes, it should work but not on all browsers.   There are old browser versions still being used that don't conform to today's standards. I am not saying this is the case but by asking your customers what browser, browser version, phone, phone os version they are using you could provide square with data they can use to narrow down the issue if there is one.

Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

I see your point. The new beta dashboard doesn’t work properly with IE but it’s just fine when using Chrome. 

What i find most annoying is that most of the Online Ordering platforms I’ve used work just fine whether I’m using IE, Chrome or Safari, why can’t Square. 

That said, I’ve experienced orders stacking up in my Demo account cart and I’m using the latest version of iOS on Safari so there’s that. 

Square Online Store
Message 5 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

Now, it will hold items in the cart for a period of time,  not sure how long.  Once the purchase is made it should all clear out.   The way you described it originaly is that the items are there from past purchases.  Or are they items they put in the cart and didn't complete a purchase?

Message 6 of 6