x

COMMISSIONS

Beta Member

COMMISSIONS

Disclaimer, I utilized search on this question and could not find it.  

Why can't we itemize commissions?  For example, A car salesman works hourly, but he earns commission on a sale.  In Square he earns commission on every sale, which isn't a true statement.  We have to take the time to download the days transactions and link the items that are commissionable to that employee.

Should not be hard to code.  If commissions are on for an employee, then we should have the option of what items can they earn a commission on and what percentage. 

Blanket commissions on all of their sales when they are hourly as well, is frustrating when we have hours of other book keeping to do.

just allow us to designate which items can employees earn commission on top of an hourly wage and the percentage of those items.  Some items employees earn more than others.  We have  10k items, only 1200 of them are commissionable.

0 Likes
8 Comments
Beta Member

Is the above request unapproachable?

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @jgrgetich 👋thanks for once again reaching out to us here on the Seller Community. Happy to hear from you again!

Square currently does allow you to assign unique commission rates to each of your employees, giving more experienced staff a higher rate and less experienced staff a lower rate for services. You can read more about that here.

To my understanding, if you have set up your staff to utilize Team Management specifically when checking out and collecting payment from your customers, the sale will then attribute to your employee with their commissions correctly divvied out.

Can you confirm this is the setup you have going currently?

Beta Member

That only works if the employee logs

into a register. Our sales team does not manage a register. I was more or less wanting to give commissions off of a particular item not necessarily a total sale.  My employees are hourly, but they get a commission based off of selling additional items in the sale.  As if now, the way square works, they get a commission based on a percentage…. That doesn’t work fir us. I want to be able to annotate an item in a category, not all the items, just certain ones. Definitely not a percentage off of a sale… not when they are hourly.  Make sense?

Beta Member

Why does it take 6 months in a conversation to receive a reply.  You have these threads to ask questions, we take the time to post.  Why have these threads if you do not respond?

Beta Member

Why does it take 6 months in a conversation to receive a reply.  You have these threads to ask questions, we take the time to post.  Why have these threads if you do not respond?

Welcome back, @jgrgetich

From what I can see, it looks like this is still a Feature Request. 

I consulted with our Payroll and Appointments Teams to confirm. 

I have escalated this over to our Product Team as a Feature Request. Once more information is made available, one of the Community Moderators will post a Product Update announcing the launch. 

Beta Member

8 months and still counting.  why is this not a feature yet?  Why must I have to download a daily transaction report and pull the items off of an excel spreadsheet to determine commissions for employees.  Why can we not itemize items or modifiers in place as commissionable?  If this is not going to happen or ever... then that would be great feedback to have.

Hey there @jgrgetich 

Our Beta team has implemented a new and improved process for Feature Requests that should help us (including you) get more visibility on whether this is being worked on if our product team has a plan in place or if this would be a feature that we would not implement at this time. 

I understand this must be frustrating but my suggestion so you can get a better answer on this would be to submit a request here so our product team is able to start tracking interest or share with you the current plant for this feature in Square. 

When submitting a request, please make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed.