Hey there, Seller Community!
We’re pleased to announce that the Square: Build What’s POS-sible Hackathon is now live. Developers will be able to utilize one or more of our customer point-of-sale APIs to build useful tools that help sellers scale and grow their businesses. Customer point-of-sale APIs include: Customers API, Gift Cards API, Invoices API, Loyalty API, Team API, and Labor API.
Plus, participants are also free to use a wide array of the APIs available within the Square developer platform to build more robust apps and integrations–as long they’re building with at least one of our customer point-of-sale APIs to be eligible for the hackathon. Build what’s possible for a chance to claim your part of $100k in prizes–including a $20k grand prize.
We would love your help to get started. There are two ways to participate:
Option One: Share a challenge prompt for participants to solve
If you're a Square Seller, please tell us about the types of use cases you’d like to see solved to improve your day-to-day workflows. Reply to this post below with your suggestions through November 10 and we'll make sure they're represented in this event.
Option Two: Participate in the Hackathon
If you're a developer and interested in participating, submit your entry by 4:59pm EDT November 22, 2021: Square: Build What’s POS-sible.
Excited to hear from you!
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
TEAM: we would love to be able to request time off by the hour, not a whole day. If workers could request time off by the hour we would use the scheduling functionality of team/timecards.
Add some additional fields fat POS checkout.
Situation: We are using this to collect reservations for a class reunion. We have a dinner option dropdown for each sale of $xx, but it would have been nice to have a field for "Names of attendees", and "Optional dinner requirements(Kosher, Vegan, etc)"
I'm still rather new at this, and not certain if this is along the lines of what you are looking for, but:
1. On the Square Register, create a way to display a specific item/option combo when searching by sku number. Right now, it displays just the item, and you have to manually search through the options to find the exact product you are looking for.
2. On the Square Register, develop more functionality with the reports. For example, what do I have in inventory right now, compared to what we have sold over the past three weeks. (Right now, in order to display that info, I have to jump between two different tabs, with the separate info in each tab.) Bonus points if you can create an ordering process to go along with this:
What we currently have | What we sold over the last x weeks | How many to place in a PO
3. CREATE THE SAME DISCOUNTS ONLINE AS ON THE SQUARE REGISTER!!!!!
4. Add a recipe function. Raw material 1, Raw material 2, Raw material 3, etc. Recipe takes x amount of 1, y amount of 2, z amount of 3, to create a product XYZ, which is then sold. Useful for bakeries, cosmetic production, etc.
Enable $ Discounts to be applied to line items (e.g. $ discounts appear in discount search box and can be applied on single line items.
Additionally, would be great to have discounts on shortcut list be able to be applied to one or more line items selectively
Yes! Definitely the availability to give discounts to line items instead of just changing the price. Something that you can click a percentage off or $ amount off.
You would have to create an individual discount for each amount. For instance one for 5%, 10%, 15% etc or $ amounts. You definitely could but having it as an option on checkout to just quickly apply to a line item seems more efficient.
You can create discount codes in the dash board. When you click on a single item you can scroll further down and your discounts should be there. You can also create a % or a $$ amount.
You would have to create individual discount codes for each percentage and dollar off. In a previous system I’ve used there was a section that had a discount box and you could put the % or $ instead of having to make an individual code for each. I suppose it is doable your way but just looking for a quicker way to discount a line item.
A feature in Appointments to allow certain services to only be scheduled/available on certain dates, or limit which services could be scheduled on certain dates.
This is needed for photographers who host mini sessions or services at events/festivals. I'm sure other industries could benefit as well.
Have customer names in last name - first name fields so they can be searched by last name. Do you have any idea how many "Mark"s there are?
Have a registry or wish list capability.
1) I would like the clients to give a deposit/non-refundable booking fee when they schedule an appointment. I am aware that we can now collect this via Messages but I would like this to be standard for all bookings. We give them up to 48 hrs to cancel/modify their booking, otherwise they forfeit their deposit.
2) When we get "multiple staff bookings", the block time only goes to the last staff working on the client. This causes problems for the staff who provided services earlier as they are not given enough time to prep before the next client.
FOR LOYALTY CUSTOMERS IN FOOD SERVICE
When You Opt to take their phone number at the beginning of the transaction it would be nice if the last order they placed auto-populated on the screen. most regulars order the same thing every time.
WHEN SEARCHING CUSTOMERS BY PHONE NUMBER
Currently, all the phone numbers I have collected in my system have different formats IE xxx xxx-xxxx, (xxx) xxx-xxxx, and xxxxxxxxxx There may be other formats. When searching I have to try all 3 ways to know for sure I do or don't have their number. I would like one format in the system or have all Formats show up in the search no matter what format I use to search. I Really do not want to export | Change formats myself | Either Deleting all Current Customers or import and Combining duplicates
NOT SURE IF THIS APPLIES
I would like the ability to move items on the screen before completing the transaction. So I can take orders as they are given to me but then rearrange them to my liking If I am a server I can group by a person or by the placement they are sitting, or all beverages together all entrees together and all desserts together etc.....
I would like to see start and end dates for items. We are a donut shop and we have featured donuts for each month. It would be handy to be able to pre-load these before the start of the next month and then they just go live on the specified date and back offline at the end of the month. The current way creates problems for us because customers will order online donuts for say October 1st on September 30 and they are able to order items that won't be available on that day.
Hope that makes sense!