x

Can 2 people use 1 square reader and funds go into 1 account?

I have 1 square reader and it's linked to my business account. I've hired an employee & wondering if shes able to use the same reader on her phone but the funds collect go into my business account? I'm trying to figure out the easiest way my employee can accept credit cradit transactions. Thank you for any advice as this is new to me! 

Message 1 of 2
1 Verified Answer
Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Can 2 people use 1 square reader and funds go into 1 account?

Hi @Jbodanza! Welcome, welcome! We are so happy to have you 😇

These are great questions, and I will do my best to answer all of them. In the event that I miss something, I would take a look at our guide for getting started with Team Management. This was a super helpful resource when I was getting started with my employees. 

So, yes! You can absolutely have your employee use your same reader. Our hardware is not account specific, so readers can be used by anyone since no data is held specifically on the reader itself. As long as your employee is signed into your account, they can take payments and those funds will be deposited into your attached bank account like normal. 

In this circumstance, I would recommend creating a role for your employee so they can Access Mobile Point of Sale with their own email address and password. Using this feature would enable them to be able to sign in without having access to your main email address and password. 

There are a lot of moving pieces to this, and I know it can be quite confusing! Please let us know if you have any remaining follow-up questions. We are here to help! 

1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Jbodanza! Welcome, welcome! We are so happy to have you 😇

These are great questions, and I will do my best to answer all of them. In the event that I miss something, I would take a look at our guide for getting started with Team Management. This was a super helpful resource when I was getting started with my employees. 

So, yes! You can absolutely have your employee use your same reader. Our hardware is not account specific, so readers can be used by anyone since no data is held specifically on the reader itself. As long as your employee is signed into your account, they can take payments and those funds will be deposited into your attached bank account like normal. 

In this circumstance, I would recommend creating a role for your employee so they can Access Mobile Point of Sale with their own email address and password. Using this feature would enable them to be able to sign in without having access to your main email address and password. 

There are a lot of moving pieces to this, and I know it can be quite confusing! Please let us know if you have any remaining follow-up questions. We are here to help! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2