x

Can I adjust business hours on Square Online for a holiday?

We will be closed for Memorial Day on Monday and I want to allow orders to keep coming in but I would like to let our customers know that they won't be able to pick up on Monday. Is there a way to "block out" Monday from a pick up day? If I change the business hours, it could show us closed EVERY Monday not just Memorial day...any fix to this?

Message 1 of 200
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Thank you for your patience as our teams worked hard to get this feature ready for use! 

You can now set restricted dates at the location level to manage days on which you do not want to accept pickup and delivery orders. Head to your Online Overview page, select Settings > Pickup & delivery > select a location. Once here, pick a location, and you'll see Restricted dates:

Click Restricted dates to edit your hours - then scroll down on this page to find the Restricted dates section, and click Add date to start adding restricted dates. Feel free to check the box next to Repeat every year if your business is always closed on this specific date:

Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 3.55.15 PM.png

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 138 of 200
Beta Member

Best Answer

When  youre building the announcement pop up, there's a "style and content" tab and a "settings" tab. You go to the "settings" tab and go down to "schedule" and  click "set duration." You can set the date it starts and ends after that!  I hope that helps!!

View Best Answer >

Message 196 of 200
199 REPLIES 199

Is there a way to mark a day as booked? so we can't sell anymore cakes on that day (like busy weekends/holidays)? Or a way to mark a single category in our menu as booked for a certain day? That way customers can still order cakes for other weekends and days, just not this certain day. 

Message 22 of 200

Has this been adjusted yet? I noticed this was posted in May 2020, have the engineers fixed this issue so we can have this set up before the really busy holidays in the Fall. This will be a disaster for food businesses in the Fall holidays. 

Message 23 of 200

No, it hasn't.  Nothing has been done in all the years we have been asking for it.  We are probably moving to Toast. Mainly to solve this problem and better reporting of our future orders

Message 24 of 200

This might be probably the main motivation Square loses customers to other requesting frameworks. We use Ecwid on our site to permit us to at any rate control the hours that individuals can get versus the hours we are open. Yet, we should have the option to shut out occasions and different days we probably won't be open. We get orders for Thanksgiving as long as 45 days ahead of time. We can't just set our hours to "shut on Thursdays" in October to prevent individuals from booking pickup on Thanksgiving. In any case, I will likewise call attention to that it is extremely elusive a web based requesting framework incorporated with POS that offers this capacity to give permission to user in linux.  

Message 25 of 200
Beta Member

Hey, just wanted to add my voice to this feature request. Very needed and useful.

It is very difficult to keep up with all the things you have to turn on and off every day with these work arounds. I for sure have lost some days of online sales because I forget to turn on back again the online sales option after disabling it for a holiday. No reply needed

Message 26 of 200
Beta Member

This is an absolute necessity. How is this not a feature yet? I am selling a holiday menu that is available for the next 2 months. How am I supposed to prevent people from scheduling on Thanksgiving and Christmas Days? Hire some more people to work on this. It shouldn't take years to implements these things.

Message 27 of 200

Hi Alex,

I hope that Square realizes that this is a very important feature that needs to be added ASAP.  November is fast approaching.  

Amanda 

Sweet Adeline Bakeshop

Message 28 of 200

Indeed, here is another decision in favor of permitting us to indicate occasions we are shut (or have restricted hours). I can indicate this on Yelp, Google Business, Grubhub and DoorDash, yet can't do this on my Square Weebly web based requesting store. For instance, with Labor Day coming up, I have to stamp that day shut seven days prior and afterward ensure it's accessible again before the week moves around once more to install ubuntu.

Message 29 of 200

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: I want to turn off ordering for one specific date in the future, not turn off all together

I want to turn off ordering for one specific date in the future.  We still want to be able to take orders up until that date so turning off ordering all together or deactivating doesn't work.   I can't seem to find an answer or how to do this - any help?

Message 30 of 200
Alumni

While this isn't currently possible, @delice made a recommendation within this thread to change your default delivery time or adjust your settings for that one day. Once the specific date is over, you can pop back into your settings to revert things to the way they were.

I hope this helps @sharecheesebar - we'll be sure to post an update here in this thread if something changes!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 31 of 200

This is not helpful.  I can't turn off Thursday ordering to shut off Christmas Eve.  That's in 2 Thursdays!!! Can't a calendar be implemented like every other OOS?  The coding can't be too complicated.  We need to retain guests.  I guess Square doesn't mind bleeding business to other companies because they can't fix simple issues like this, especially because this problem was brought up around MEMORIAL DAY...

Message 32 of 200

Please, I have also been looking and waiting for this feature for months. Specifically with regard to restaraunt use, and being able to have different hours on different days for the availability of different items. Extremely laborious to make changes manually each day.

Thanks!

Message 33 of 200

I don't have the time to read through 7 pages of this thread.  Can anyone tell me if this has been resolved or added as a feature?  Or, is there a work around?

Message 34 of 200

It hasn't been fixed....

Message 35 of 200

Definitely need a way to schedule holidays or random days off. 

Also so desire to be able to set a specific date for pickup. For instance I offer special order brunch boards for holidays. I have to manually go in every single day and adjust the amount of days that they have to wait before they can pick up, it is such a pain.

Message 36 of 200
Beta Member

Yes we have to do that too! Super annoying (and hard to remember).

PLEASE PLEASE add this feature. Need to be able to say "Order anytime; Pick up Friday, 11/27) for example.

Message 37 of 200

I'm in agreement that Square should add an option "closed for the holiday."  Caviar had a way to do Temp Closures that would work for this as well.  

As many restaurant owners can attest, it gets crazy at times and to remember to open up the store on and off has been hard this year with the pandemic and fires in California... 

Please accept this feedback to creat a simple option for clients to use a "temp closure" with whatever reasoning as a function on the online store.

Thanks! 

Message 38 of 200

Alex_, this response was from May, Any update?

Message 39 of 200
Beta Member

Any updates on this?

Message 40 of 200
Beta Member

It was implemented almost a month ago... look at the first page.

Message 41 of 200
Beta Member

Yes, but this only allows you to exclude a given single day. Multiple days requires an entry for every single day, and  you can not choose a special day to be OPEN. Using the last Holiday season as an example, we are usually closed Thursdays, but had pick up hours on Christmas Eve and Newyears Eve (a Thursday) P{people who wanted to pick up on those days and order in advance could not, without me turning Thursday on at the end on Sunday, which gave people no time to order with phone  and email conversations and buyer notes to the seller.It looked amateurish, and was clunky and confusing to customers, and we lost sales because of it. What was implanted in January was late and it only solves half of the problem. 

A business should be able to choose special days to open OR close.

Message 42 of 200