x

Can I categorize payments made through Acuity in Square? Or 'name' them?

We use Acuity for Party Booking and to collect down payments. The payment is coming into Square as a 'custom amount' which drives our accountants nuts. Can I 'name' or categorize these payments?  We would like to be able to clearly track what is coming in from the web, versus phone/in person. Thank you very much in advance!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Very sorry to you and your accountants for the frustration this is causing! 

Anytime you use an API integration with Square (with the exception of of the GoDaddy eCommerce intergration) it only syncs inventory and processes payments. This is why you'll see 'custom amount' in your Dashboard rather than the details of each item sold. 

I'll send your feedback to our API team and hopefully we can provide a solution to this in future. We'll definitely let you know as soon as there are any updates. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 10

Hi I am having the same issue. I am posting in hopes that you will pass on this feedback. It would be a huge advantage if you could accept payments online and have them sync properly to the inventory item or service that was purchased and not be listed as a 'Custom Amount - Uncategorized' Please Square developers, make this happen! Thank you for the consideration.

Message 3 of 10
Admin

Hey @leonitanatural, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with this as well. Really sorry for any confusion or extra reconciliation this may require. I went to check for updates and there isn't anything that I can share out from our end. You may want to touch base with the Acuity team directly for any additional resources they may be able to offer: Acuity Support Center.

Appreciate your patience—we'll announce any updates as they come through. 

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 10

Hi! Posting here because I am having the same issue. Has this been changed?? It would be EXTREMELY helpful to be able to have items automatically categorize, so that reports can be generated. Without this feature, it creates an entirely unnecessary manual-accounting administrative nightmare. 

If the items from Acuity sync to Square, then it would let us sort them and run reports for accounting. 

Any feedback on this? HUGE need. Thanks! 

Message 5 of 10
Alumni

Hello @artistsbeyond,

Our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, and we will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released. At this moment, we don't have any new information regarding this integration. Keep an eye on our community pages or by checking in with Acuity's support page for new releases on their end. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 6 of 10

I’d like to add my request to the pile. This would make an enormous difference for me and the likelihood that I will stay with Square. Thanks!

Message 7 of 10

The fact that Acuity doesn't connect to an existing, categorized item in Square is maddening! Sync to QBO depends directly on the category if service or item sold in square. These Acuity items come in to the books as Uncategorized transactions. It's very inefficient. Please fix it. 

Message 8 of 10

We need this option as well. It is simply foolish to not be able to categorize those acuity payments

Message 9 of 10

I am also having the same issue with another CRM, '17Hats'.

Within Square, the payments are marked as "Order Source: 17Hats" and the description is marked "Booking Fee".  However there is no way to automatically apply a categorisation using a rule.

The support team simply tell me it's 17Hats fault for not building the integration to support this.  I should contact 17Hats to have them resolve the issue.

However I disagree.  The integration is providing the relevant information in the "Order Source" and "Description" fields and it is Square that is failing to apply categorisation based on this data.

The face that this has been requested since 2018 makes me believe that the developers have no interest in fixing this.

https://theheadshotpro.co.uk
Message 10 of 10