x

Can I connect a Samsung Tab A (2019) to the Epson TM30 printer?

Hi ! 

Square up doesn’t recognize my Epson print TM30 when I use the app on my samsung tab. (My Samsung tab do recognize the print.)

Can you help me 🙂 ?

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@Alesc

Not exactly - putting up the USB compatibility here for complete visibility!

So your two options here would be:

1) Ethernet - plug the printer into the modem/router via an ethernet cable, then it should be discoverable within the Square POS app via the wifi network

2) USB - Via an OTG (On The Go) adaptor. Read more about this here. You'd probably need USB B - USB A, then the OTG adaptor would connect the USB-A end to your phone (via Micro USB or USB-C depending on the model)

Other than that, I'm not sure if you need to do anything on the printer to switch between modes!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hey @Alesc,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you're having trouble connecting your printer with Square.

Can you let me know:

- Which country are you in? Printer compatibility can differ between locales

- How are you connecting the printer? Eg ethernet, wifi etc

Thanks!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 7

Hi ! 

Thank you for your answer. 
I am in France. 

Until now, I was using square up with an Ipad and an Epson TM-T30 (Bluetooth connection)  All works pertinent ! But I need to replace my Ipad with my Samsung Tab. The Samsung Tab do recognize the Epson printer (I tried with success to use the printer with other app)  but Square Up on the Samsung Tab doesn’t recognize my printer. 

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Hey @Alesc,

It looks like that the answer here unfortunately is that the Bluetooth model of this printer is not compatible with Android devices on Square:

I'm not sure whether or not this printer can switch between Bluetooth and Ethernet mode, or if Epson make a seperate Ethernet model, but it looks like it should work via Ethernet on Android:

Sorry I can't be of more help here! For reference, I got this info from our Australian receipt printer compatibility page.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 7

Ok thanks. There is Ethernet and USB B on my printer. So, if I understand, I can buy a « Ethernet to micro usb » or a « Usb-B to micro Usb » that I plug to my printer and it will works ? 😇

Message 5 of 7
Admin

Best Answer

@Alesc

Not exactly - putting up the USB compatibility here for complete visibility!

So your two options here would be:

1) Ethernet - plug the printer into the modem/router via an ethernet cable, then it should be discoverable within the Square POS app via the wifi network

2) USB - Via an OTG (On The Go) adaptor. Read more about this here. You'd probably need USB B - USB A, then the OTG adaptor would connect the USB-A end to your phone (via Micro USB or USB-C depending on the model)

Other than that, I'm not sure if you need to do anything on the printer to switch between modes!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 7

Thanks ! It works with the OTG cable 🙂 

Message 7 of 7