x

Can I create an invouce with URL redirect?

Can I create an invoice with a custom URL redirect for successful payment? I transfer videos and upload to Dropbox. Currently, a client pays me, then I send link for download. I was hoping to automate this, perhaps by inscluding the link via a successful payment redirect?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hello @Darryn,

Thanks for your post. I'd love to look into this for you, but I don't think I'm quite following.

What do you mean by "payment redirect?" Are you speaking in regard to a third party application/system, or do you want to include a payment URL that leads you to an invoice?

Let me know by replying in this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 6

Thanks Alex, I would like to create and send a Square invoice to clients, and upon successful payment, bring them to page/link that I enter.

Example: I upload John Does video to dropbox and create a link. I then create a Square invoice and send to client. Once its paid I would like to bring them to this Dropbox link, or perhaps show the Dropbox link.

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

@Darryn,

Understood! Thank you for that explanation. In this case, I would include the link within the description of the invoice. The customer will then see it and be able to copy and paste the link into their URL. 

Alex_
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 6

But they cant have the link until AFTER they pay....

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

@Darryn

I'm so sorry. I was thinking that there were steps you wanted your seller to complete with the link apart from payment. 

In this case, this would be a feature request, and currently have no way for our system to recognize and provide the link after payment. I would highly consider looking into any third party applications to handle the link delivery, or you would have to manually send it afterwards. 

Alex_
Message 6 of 6