x

Can I create a deposit payment for Appointments

I would like to be able to charge a 50% deposit when I make an appointment for a client. Currently im only able to send them confirmation then I have to manually send them an invoice with the deposit built in which Is very cumbersome.

Ive been looking at the No-Show policy thing and it doesn't really do what I want. Besides, I would like to have both . 

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @jurienh 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community!

I believe you are looking for Customer Prepayment on Square Appointments! With customer prepayment, you can easily manage your cash flow by requiring that customers prepay for fixed priced services when they book online.

Let me know if that gets you where you need to be! Or if you have any other clarifying questions, don't hesitate to reach out. We are here to help!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Best Answer

Hi there, @jurienh 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community!

I believe you are looking for Customer Prepayment on Square Appointments! With customer prepayment, you can easily manage your cash flow by requiring that customers prepay for fixed priced services when they book online.

Let me know if that gets you where you need to be! Or if you have any other clarifying questions, don't hesitate to reach out. We are here to help!

Joe
Message 2 of 8

is there an option to choose what the prepayment is? for example- i want to charge a $25 deposit on every appointment booked. 

Message 3 of 8
Super Seller

@Joe ;

I see you said this "With customer prepayment, you can easily manage your cash flow by requiring that customers prepay for fixed priced services when they book online."   How would I do this for taking a Deposit by a Phone call?  I do not use Square Online and we are a Physical Retail Shop.  We have an item called Make Your Own Candle, where customers can come in to make a candle, but if they are a Group say a Scout group we require a Non Refundable deposit to hold their time slot so people who just walk in will have to wait.  If the Group does not show, or is late they miss there spot and deposit is only lost if they are a No show.   Any way how to do this on a Square Stand running Square for Retail?

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 8

Hi! Will it be possible to accept deposits in the appointment app soon? Not the full amount prepayment, only partial payment when booking. Sending invoices take too much time and clients overlook them. 

Message 5 of 8

Hello, I am looking for the same thing. Did you get any luck with your question?

Message 6 of 8

Hi @poparadise - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

I went ahead and merged your duplicate post to this existing thread where another Square Seller has asked this question as well. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. I also want to make sure you've seen our Community Etiquette Guidelines. We ask Seller Community Members to not post the same message in multiple places, as it is not productive for our Moderators.

Now that we have that out of the way, please see the reply from one of our Community Moderators, @Joe, which has been marked as the Best Answer to this question

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 7 of 8

Any help with how to make a client pay a deposit of 50% when they're making an appointment?

Message 8 of 8