x

Cashless, touchless payment system using wristband?

Does anyone know of a way to integrate a cashless, touchless payment system using RFID wristbands with Square?  We are using square at all our facilities including our youth camps, and would like to use wristbands for our camper bank.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller Alumni

This is not possible for many reasons.  The only thing you can do is use a gift card.  Load it with funds and during the first sale, select save card on file to link the card to the camper.  Then they just need to give their name to use it.

Message 2 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @WordOfLife

I'm afraid @RHatch is correct here.

While Square doesn't support RFID payments at this time, our Square Contactless and Chip Card Reader supports NFC payments. 

Another solution here would be to have your customers provide a card on file for their Customer Profile and you can charge them that way during your camps. 

Message 3 of 6

My customers already have photo membership cards with rfid for building entry, and the cards also have an unused mag stripe.  My card printer can encode mag stripes.  I would like to use those same cards as reloadable gift cards or somehow allow reloadable store credit.  Is this possible in any way?  The card gives us the ability to use the rfid proximity chip, a barcode printed on the card, or the mag stripe if the Square system allows for it.  It is unreasonable to have them use two cards in our facility.  Can anyone suggest a solution for us?

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi! Welcome to the Seller Community!! I've merged your post to an existing thread that I think will help answer your question. 

Have a nice day! 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6

this is just an idea I don't know if i will work.... can you make them online gift cards and then use the code for the gift card as the data on mag strip?

Message 6 of 6