x

Can I use Square eGift Cards with Checkfront?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Egift Cards and Checkfront]

We use Checkfront to do our online reservations for lodging. We are now selling the egift cards.  What will be the best way to apply (and explain) the gift cards to reservations. I’m assuming they will not be able to use the card at online checkout. From what I’ve read, they can’t use them on invoices either, which was my original thought to get around it.  Lodging prices come out to weird numbers, so it’s not always going to be the exact price of what is on the card. Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @Covegirl!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

I want to make sure I understand your setup first. Do you just use Checkfront for reservations and then use Square as your payment processor separately? Or is Square integrated to your Checkfront booking site as the payment processor?

Let me know, because in order to use Square eGift Cards, you'll have to checkout the customer on our platform directly. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for getting back with me @isabelle! Square is integrated to Checkfront.  Or, I guess that’s what I mean:)- we set it up through Checkfront.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hello @Covegirl!

Okay. Thanks for clarifying that. 

So as of right now, CheckFront cannot recognize or accept Square eGift Card payments. Really sorry about this. 

We're trying to work with our integrated apps and APIs to be able to accept this as a form of payment. The only work around would be to take their payment using the Square app or system with the eGift Card. 

Let me know if you have any questions about this. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 4