x

Can I use Square in Puerto Rico?

Can I access Square with an address on Puerto Rico?

Message 1 of 46
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Right now we don't support payment processing in Puerto Rico. But we would love to be able to.

The issue is that many industry-wide banks we work with don't have a corporate presence in U.S. territories, like Puerto Rico. We're working on it!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Admin

Hey @boma23, welcome to the Seller Community!

I can't access and share out a specific timeline for card processing availability in British Virgin Islands—nor is there a partnership with those banks that would allow the use of Point of Sale for payments right now.

Keep in touch as we'll announce any developments on our international expansion. Appreciate your patience.🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 22 of 46

Square card reader is sold at walmart in Puerto Rico. but it doesn't work?

Message 23 of 46

Hi  - would square credit card processing work for a Puerto Rico based e-shop if the connected bank account was in a US state? 

Message 24 of 46
Alumni

Not if the Square account is created in Puerto Rico since card processing is not available there yet. 

@CNCPR

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 25 of 46

Any updates on this?

What if I have a back account with Chase but I have no physical address in US. Could I set up a family member who lives in US with my bank account and then process credit card payments in PR?

Message 26 of 46

If I have items for sale in my square web store, can I accept an order from someone in PR and ship to them ?

Message 27 of 46
Admin

Yes @WirlNet! That you can do. 

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 28 of 46

I truly hope this happens soon. 

Message 29 of 46
Square Community Moderator

Hi @StudioSoto,

Welcome to The Seller Community!

Thanks for sharing your sentiment on processing being available in Puerto Rico. I encourage sellers to submit feature requests so our team can see and track how many people are asking for this as well. 

Please reach out if we can help any further. 

Message 30 of 46

We need..!!

Message 31 of 46

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in processing payments with Square in Puerto Rico @PRTransport I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Message 32 of 46

Hi George, I currently use square in US, I will be traveling to Puerto Rico next month and based on this thread I believe I might have my answer but just to make sure, I need to know if I will still be able to sign in and send invoices while in PR, pretty much conduct business transactions in square as usual while I'm at the island? thanks 

Message 33 of 46

Hey @riosrosemerry23,

Thanks for writing in with this question! You'll still be able to sign in to send invoices while travelling. However, you wouldn't be able to accept payments on a Square Reader, for example.

I hope this clears things up, let us know if you have any other questions 😊

Message 34 of 46

Please prioritize Puerto Rico, we move billions in retail sales. There are plenty of credit unions and local banks that would love to partner with you. 

Message 35 of 46

Hello @happylife

At this time there are no news in regards to Square supporting payment processing in Puerto Rico. I personally hope that Square offers support en "la Isla" soon too! 

We will keep everyone updated here with any changes!

JJ
Message 36 of 46

any updates on Square in Puerto Rico now that we are at the end of 2021?

Message 37 of 46

never mind.  I just refreshed and saw the update from OCT2021.  Bummer.

Message 38 of 46

Can I process Square payments in and for my business in Puerto Rico If I set up a Square account with my US address (place of residency), linked to a U.S. Bank Account?

Message 39 of 46

Hi @Archit

Thanks for getting in touch! At this time, you wouldn't be able to process payments in Puerto Rico. We'll update this thread to let you know about any changes. 

Message 40 of 46

Need help asap.

Message 41 of 46
Beta Member

According to this link - don't think you can.

(This error may also pop up the zip or postal code of your address does not match your purchasing card.)

jk

Message 42 of 46