x

Can I use a magstripe reader if someone has used it before?

Hello,

Can i buy the used Magstripe Reader that someone has beed used before...?

do my account will limited or suspend by the magstrip reader?

Anyone know

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

You can safely use a used magstripe reader, as each unit isn't tied to a specific account.  What matters is which account is logged into by the device the reader is attached to.

Judy T Shumway

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

You can safely use a used magstripe reader, as each unit isn't tied to a specific account.  What matters is which account is logged into by the device the reader is attached to.

Judy T Shumway
Message 2 of 6

Are there any issues with purchasing second hand contactless reader. Its a bluetooth device and was worried CC info would be compromised when if I used it. 

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @TheDC 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Good to hear from you.

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding using readers that have been used before for a separate account. Take a look at this Best Answer, here.

In short, you can use any reader in conjunction with your account. We do not store any account specific info on the readers themselves, and are completely interchangeable by account.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

Thx!

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

No problem, @TheDC! Let us know if anything else comes up. We are here to help!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6