x

Can I use the Square Card Reader outside the UK?

This post was created from an existing thread: How do I contact Square Support?

There is no assistant contact and support options just lead to a 'page not found'?

There is no 'card reader' option on my app or won't connect via bluetooth.

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Really sorry about that @tmwgreenaway! At the moment, card-processing with Square is not available in Ireland which is why the option to connect a card reader is not available within the app for yourself. 

We are looking to bring payment processing to other markets, and weโ€™ll be sure to announce any further expansion. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @tmwgreenaway, thank you for flagging this! You should be able to contact us via this link. Alternatively, you can reach our Support team by giving us a call on 0800 - 098 8008 and we'll be happy to help.

It sounds like you might be having some issue with connecting the card reader so it's worth taking a look at our troubleshooting guide for common reader issues as well. If that still doesn't help, do give us a call!

Tra
Message 2 of 5

I'm currently in Ireland, this number doesn't work for me?

That 'link' doesn't not go anywhere and will not load, even in private window or new tab?

And yes the card reader will not connect. I have been through all trouble shooting tips, updated softwares and done resets.

?

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Best Answer

Really sorry about that @tmwgreenaway! At the moment, card-processing with Square is not available in Ireland which is why the option to connect a card reader is not available within the app for yourself. 

We are looking to bring payment processing to other markets, and weโ€™ll be sure to announce any further expansion. 

Tra
Message 4 of 5
Admin

Hi @tmwgreenaway, I want to follow up on this thread and share the news that card processing with Square is now available in Ireland ๐ŸŽ‰! You can now use the reader to take payments in the Republic of Ireland

Tra
Message 5 of 5