x

Can a Canadian Square account use Virtual Terminal to charge U.S credit cards?

Hi,

Can I accept US's gift card from canadian terminal? It is Vanilla2. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square Community Moderator

@Cennsys So long as the card has a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB or Discover logo you should be fine. 

Check out this article for more details around which cards are accepted: 

Accepted Cards

Message 2 of 11

Thanks for cearify and the link.

If I am going to charge US$100 should I open $128.87 in the Order Amount window or still $100?

Message 3 of 11

This is also a question that needs to be answered firmly, what the question is, is if the amount is $100 USD do we put that amount in USD funds or do we have to conversion rate from USD to CAD and then request the payment in CAD funds?

Message 4 of 11
Square Community Moderator

@Cennsys I'm not sure what you mean by this, can you clarify with more details? 

Message 5 of 11

So I can replace the Canadian postal code with a US zip code on the Virtual Terminal ?

Message 6 of 11

This is my question, too.  In the Virtual Terminal, will the Postal Code field accept Zip Codes?

Message 7 of 11
Admin

@fiddlehead101 @KBeau Yes! If your customer's card is a US card you can enter their ZIP code in the Postal Code field. You can add letters and numbers to the field.

If you see an error after you enter the ZIP you could try to enter five zeros instead. If you still see an error please ask your customer to contact their card-issuing bank to make sure there isn't an issue on the bank/issuer's side.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 8 of 11

Thanks so much. That's good to know.  The question has only arisen once, and I wasn't keen to experiment with a new customer's credit card. Next time...

Message 9 of 11

I have both a Canadian CAD website only and a US website USD  only. How does Square handle the US funds when depositing to my Canadia bank account?

Message 10 of 11
Admin

You're welcome! And I understand why you'd be reluctant to experiment! There's a bit more information about accepting international cards in our Support Center too.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 11 of 11